Sign in to follow this  
DLuders

Wiseman_2's Lego Technic Log Loader

5936863533_7b799e8393_z.jpg

On his Flickr photostream, Wiseman_2 posted 10 pictures of his Lego Technic Log Loader. He wrote that it is "...largely inspired by 8443 [Pneumatic Log Loader set]. Has articulated steering controlled by the black 20T DB [Double Bevel] gear on top of the cab; a V6 engine driven by a differential on the rear axle; and the arm itself. The arm is operated by the black 20T DB gear on the rear of the vehicle via the two gear switches in the cab. The switch on the right of the cab is for the claw itself, while the other toggles between the two arm sections."

5936882495_55e7b6e28f_z.jpg5937437350_96151a350d_z.jpg5937428952_95e00a84a5_z.jpg

I was going to post this myself at some point, but I do tend to take my time with these things, so thanks for the highlight :classic:

This is pretty much my first MOC in... years. And the first I've built where I had a vague idea of what I was supposed to be doing. I did sort of make-it-up-as-I-went-along, and in places it feels sort of unfinished... it did only take three days to build.

I think I'm actually happier with the mini Front-Loader I built if I'm honest :grin:

5936792703_d8a50fa417.jpg

Let me guess: You own the 8043?

That would be true. Like I said though, I haven't built MOCs in a while and I prefer to put stickers on panels in sets I build, which is why they're on this MOC.