Sign in to follow this  
TheMasterChief

Legoland, Chicago

I am going to be going to the Legoland in Chicago,Shamburg. I don't live ANYWHERE close to a lego store. Anything I should know about? I'll be going in the next 2 months. If you ask questions, I will answer them. :sweet:

The LEGOLAND Discovery Center in Schaumburg, Illinois is located at The Streets of Woodfield Mall. 'Streets' is an outdoor type of strip mall. They have a small gift shop with product and other such items. They also have an admission to get into their center, not the store portion.

The actual LEGO store is located across the street inside Woodfield Mall, upper level, center court. This is the actual LEGO owned store that has been in the mall for around nine years. Let me know when you will be there, maybe we can meet up.

The LEGOLAND Discovery Center in Schaumburg, Illinois is located at The Streets of Woodfield Mall. 'Streets' is an outdoor type of strip mall. They have a small gift shop with product and other such items. They also have an admission to get into their center, not the store portion.

The actual LEGO store is located across the street inside Woodfield Mall, upper level, center court. This is the actual LEGO owned store that has been in the mall for around nine years. Let me know when you will be there, maybe we can meet up.

Also, it is worth visiting both. The Pick a Brick in the Lego store (where you fill a cup) is MUCH better priced than the bags in the discovery center. That being said, sometimes there's stuff to good to pass up in the DC.

Some other things to look for are clearance items, brick separators, specialty sets (like wheels or doors & windows) bags of .... whatever they swept off the floor.

also if you have $70 burning a hole in your pocket, look up the PAB site on Lego.com figure out what piece you want a lot of and then ask the store to order a case of it for you. It's one of the most economical ways to buy legos and it really helps with those large creations.

Also, it is worth visiting both. The Pick a Brick in the Lego store (where you fill a cup) is MUCH better priced than the bags in the discovery center. That being said, sometimes there's stuff to good to pass up in the DC.

Some other things to look for are clearance items, brick separators, specialty sets (like wheels or doors & windows) bags of .... whatever they swept off the floor.

also if you have $70 burning a hole in your pocket, look up the PAB site on Lego.com figure out what piece you want a lot of and then ask the store to order a case of it for you. It's one of the most economical ways to buy legos and it really helps with those large creations.

Is it possible to buy the purple bricks, pink bricks, and the transparent bricks at either the LEGO stores or the Pick a Brick stores?

Thanks,

Craig

I have been there before. It does not take V.I.P. points. There are one or two lego stores by it.Hope it helped.

Is it possible to buy the purple bricks, pink bricks, and the transparent bricks at either the LEGO stores or the Pick a Brick stores?

Thanks,

Craig

It is sort of random what they have in the PAB wall, unless you request something. But I have seen pink and transparent. There's usually a windshield and usually a 1 x 1 plate in a transparent color.

I am going to be going to the Legoland in Chicago,Shamburg.

Any update on when you might be in the neighborhood?