Sign in to follow this  
Lego Otaku

My Monorail prototype, need suggestion or...

don't be afraid as it's really hard to hurt my feeling ;)

LDDScreenShot115.png

LDDScreenShot116.png

Ignore the ugly orange thing, it's where the motor would be. Trans-yellow doesn't seem to show well in screen shots but they are trans-yellow.

I'm planning to build a main engine that has 4x6x2 yellow windscreen plus 4x4x2 extended canopy along with the battery compartment. There is 2 stud margin between cockpit and the battery box so I should be fine. I have not started on the engine yet so its not picture.

The rest of the monorail will go after the motor, all pulled via towball plates. The blank black piece is my facesimile of monorail base as that doesn't exist in LDD. I have set clear brick and plate under it to set the cars to where it would be if it had normal wheels so I can see how much underside I can add without bumping into the rail.

The trailing car is not finished, needs a 4x6x2 canopy and some tweaking to finish but again that piece doesn't exist in LDD. The cars all have hinged 4x10 trans-yellow plate for access to the inside. Yes it will be 6 wide so I could hide the black undercarriage. Plus it leaves some room for minifig to walk around inside the car. With the original monorail design, minifig couldn't move unless the canopy was open.

There will be tables and other furniture. At present no "door" on side of the car is planned. The trans-yellow brick isn't common enough for detailed door.

I've dug through all of my Lego and I have enough monorail plates for 8 long train. So I could build a sleeper type car, or flat cargo carrier, etc.

So suggest or insult my design.

What do you think of it so far? Need something added or deleted?

Edited by Lego Otaku