Sign in to follow this  
-JD-

Review: 8129 AT-AT

AT-AT  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the set?

2. 2. How did you find the ongoing review?

I bought this about a year and a half ago and I love it! It is my favourite set that I own. Took me about 3 hours to build and worht every second! :laugh:

Something in here I have to comment on after reading: Why, exactly, are some people complaining about and wanting to mod out the hump?

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/AT-AT.jpg

As you can see in this screenshot, the actual AT-AT models in the movies very plainly have a pronounced hump in the middle. They're supposed to look like that. And that's something this set actually does better than 4483 - on 4483 the hump isn't as noticeable from the side, which is clearly not the case with the movie models. However, in exchange, this one's butt doesn't stick out far back enough past the legs. :hmpf_bad: The head looks a bit less messy, though, and isn't crying out for a rubber band to keep the side panels in alignment like 4483's is.

Another thing to comment on is, despite there being snowtrooper battlepacks available at the time and it not having a space-hogging speeder bike storage area, this set has less seating room as built than 4483 does! That's just silly.