Brickd

i just started a new Lego blog, Brickd.com

howdy all, i'm new to this forum, but a lifelong lego fan.

i just launched a new lego design blog, www.brickd.com. i know it is a crowded space, but i really wanted to focus on design and simplicity. please check it out, and let me know what you think.

also, you can follow us on twitter via @brickd

I like the simplicity of the site. :thumbup:

But I'm not so clear about the layout, there is a lot of unused space. And I think should go with one font type. Is there a way to reply to the posts? And is there a way to search on category?

keep up the good work.

I like the simplicity of the site. :thumbup:

But I'm not so clear about the layout, there is a lot of unused space. And I think should go with one font type. Is there a way to reply to the posts? And is there a way to search on category?

keep up the good work.

i'm glad you like the simplicity. i know the layout can be polarizing, and i continue to make subtle tweaks. i'm looking into leveraging a custom-built blogging platform, but am using tumblr in the interim. i currently don't have comments enable, since i wanted to emphasize the photos. i was inspired by sites like dribbble.com and lovelypackage.com. i'll look into standardizing the title and byline fonts, but the header has to stay different until my logo deisng is completed.

i've been debating categories. would you like them to classify creator, MOC type, or both?

let me know any other feedback, it is definitely appreciated.

i'm glad you like the simplicity. i know the layout can be polarizing, and i continue to make subtle tweaks. i'm looking into leveraging a custom-built blogging platform, but am using tumblr in the interim. i currently don't have comments enable, since i wanted to emphasize the photos. i was inspired by sites like dribbble.com and lovelypackage.com. i'll look into standardizing the title and byline fonts, but the header has to stay different until my logo deisng is completed.

i've been debating categories. would you like them to classify creator, MOC type, or both?

let me know any other feedback, it is definitely appreciated.

Ah I understand, you can also rent out the space for lego add's :tongue:

Categories can also be tags, like on Concept Ships. They use a search system based on tags, so it won't be extremely catgorized to keept it neat and clean. And they have a simple archive which works well.

Ah I understand, you can also rent out the space for lego add's :tongue:

Categories can also be tags, like on Concept Ships. They use a search system based on tags, so it won't be extremely catgorized to keept it neat and clean. And they have a simple archive which works well.

luckily, this is just for fun and i have a bunch of hosting space, so i'm not looking to add ads, at least not until it gets insanely popular and i need dedicated hosting, which is a problem i'd be happy to have :grin:

i could use type-ahead tags to yield categories, to keep it minimal. i use categories on my other blog, www.8bitkid.com, but find it often is tough to have a finite number of categories to classify everything under.

what type of category system would be useful? by MOC classification? by builder? would you like them always exposed, or only searchable?

also, how do you tend to use an archive?

thanks for all of the feedback.