DarthSion

PlayStation general discussion

No no email warning, just an email saying they took the money from my credit card.

Ahh well. Annoying, but hardly illegal.

I am the only person i know with a ps3, as for you, i thought you already have a PSN+ account?.

Yeah, but I signed up for a whole year! :laugh:

Ahh well. Annoying, but hardly illegal.

Yeah, but I signed up for a whole year! :laugh:

Yeah just their usual dirty tactics, they win this battle, but my micro controller means i win the war, HAHA.

Oh well too bad, i would have given you my log in details, i removed my cc info.

Not to change the subject, but does anybody else here have all of the Guitar Heroes ( :tongue: )? Is it just me, or do the first two or three on PS2 seem laggy? My others are fine, and PS3 is amazing.

Edited by The Who

Well the whole homebrew scene is moving along nicely, seem to be moving faster than anything I have ever seen.

Well the whole homebrew scene is moving along nicely, seem to be moving faster than anything I have ever seen.

What in particular impresses you? IMHO a lot of people will give up on it soon as games are already requiring upgrades.

Well the speed at which things are moving, and the features being made, like copy to the internal hard drive, it improves load times.

Ah that MoH is so far a rumour, there has not been any conformation it does require higher firmware, besides it will be fixed in time, not like its a good dame any way.

Well the speed at which things are moving, and the features being made, like copy to the internal hard drive, it improves load times.

Yeah, that is a feature I'd like, especially since I recently upgraded my hardrive from 120 GB to 500 GB.

Ah that MoH is so far a rumour, there has not been any conformation it does require higher firmware, besides it will be fixed in time

Rumor or not, it will happen. Sony always do this for security/copy protion and to add new features. But yeah, it'll be easily fixable in the short term as at first it'll just be a version check in most games. Later on though when games actually use new OS features, such as 3D or the Facebook connections, it'll be a lot harder. That'll require a new hacked or receiver engineered OS.

not like its a good dame any way.

:laugh: Yeah, it's not on my list... nor is that entire genre either. I'm currently playing Cybertron; I just started the Autobot campaign last night. It's a very cool game and I hope they continue it.

Anyone here that has a (non hacked :wink: ) PSN account with a trophy level higher than 9? I've got no PSN friends higher than me any more and I miss it. :cry_sad:

Not to change the subject, but does anybody else here have all of the Guitar Heroes ( :tongue: )? Is it just me, or do the first two or three on PS2 seem laggy? My others are fine, and PS3 is amazing.

Guitar games aren't my thing. It all seems like a dressed up rhythm game to me.

Yeah, that is a feature I'd like, especially since I recently upgraded my hardrive from 120 GB to 500 GB.

Rumor or not, it will happen. Sony always do this for security/copy protion and to add new features. But yeah, it'll be easily fixable in the short term as at first it'll just be a version check in most games. Later on though when games actually use new OS features, such as 3D or the Facebook connections, it'll be a lot harder. That'll require a new hacked or receiver engineered OS.

:laugh: Yeah, it's not on my list... nor is that entire genre either. I'm currently playing Cybertron; I just started the Autobot campaign last night. It's a very cool game and I hope they continue it.

Anyone here that has a (non hacked :wink: ) PSN account with a trophy level higher than 9? I've got no PSN friends higher than me any more and I miss it. :cry_sad:

Guitar games aren't my thing. It all seems like a dressed up rhythm game to me.

Sweet Jesus, I am just going to call you Johno lol, I thought I was talking with Sig'.

Yeah I just upgraded my 40gig to 320g, Modnation racers with no updates is as fast as the recent updates, mind you it is 17gigs in size to copy to the internal, and then 4 gig install.

The feature I am hanging for is an Action Replay.

Yeah in time it will, and in time it will be fixed, even if its true, its 1 game needing higher firmware and what 100+ that don't.

I love the old MoH series, but this is just racist, just EA banking on raciest americans to spend money killing some Aaaa'rabs.

I am in the middle of a dozen games, but mostly playing Lego Indi 2, MNR, Bionic commando, and surprising untold legend, Which I normally don't go for RPGs.

I do, my PS3 is hacked, my PSN is not, I just can't use it, well I think I do, trophies is like facepalmbook, for kiddies.

Speaking of which, that is another feature, you can platinum any game with a hacked ps3, but then you can't get online to brag, so its like getting a facial from a leper.

Yeah I don't get that, why not just get off your megablocks and buy a real guitar.

Edited by DarthSion

Sweet Jesus, I am just going to call you Johno lol, I thought I was talking with Sig'.

:laugh: I am.

Yeah I just upgraded my 40gig to 320g, Modnation racers with no updates is as fast as the recent updates, mind you it is 17gigs in size to copy to the internal, and then 4 gig install.

Yeah, that's the odd thing. Games will still ask for a install even if it doesn't need it. The 360 is the same; many games make a cache for faster loading, which is redundant if you install. That's Microsofts fault for being so cheap and not making the HD standard.

The feature I am hanging for is an Action Replay.

Yes, that would be interesting.... ahhh Action Replay! Takes me back to my Amiga days! :tongue:

I love the old MoH series, but this is just racist, just EA banking on raciest americans to spend money killing some Aaaa'rabs.

Yes, that's why I don't like playing games "based on reality". They are often one sided and often insulting. Call me lame, but I like my killing non-offensive and unrealistic.

I am in the middle of a dozen games, but mostly playing Lego Indi 2, MNR, Bionic commando, and surprising untold legend, Which I normally don't go for RPGs.

I've finished Indy. What Bionic Commando?

I do, my PS3 is hacked, my PSN is not, I just can't use it, well I think I do, trophies is like facepalmbook, for kiddies.

:laugh: Yeah, I suppose it is but I like it though. It allows me to know what my friends are playing and where they are up to; I can then ask them for reviews or (rarely) tips.

Oh lol, Sig you change your name more times than I change underwear.

Yeah well these games are not meant to be played via HDD so, yeah oh well.

Amiga yikes that takes me back, and the atari, and c64.

An action replay is inevitable, they made several homebrew ones for the PSP.

Yes that is why I like ratchet and clank, set in the future where anything is possible.

Besides, EA QA is like TLG common sense, it doesn't exist.

Bionic Commando is great fun, you play a soldier in the future, you have lost your left arm and have a bionic arm replacement that has a grappling hook, you can use it to swing from things (which you need from the radiation fallout) you can use it to climb buildings, and you can use it to grapple enemies, such as lock onto them with the grapple then do a kick (like a missile drop kick if your a wrestling fan) and boot them.

Use the grapple to lift objects and foes into the air and slam them into the ground, or throw them for a 6.

My personal favourite is to punch a car into the air them punch it into a foe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C9_we55J_4

However, if memory serves you have rugrats?, in which case (which shocked me for a capcom game) but there are a few megablocks used, namely the F one.

Ah I see, personally I use myself for reviews, allot of people don't like games I do, more to the point allot of people over hype games

Edited by DarthSion

Well it is no longer heroes on the move, sony have now changed it to playstation move heroes.

Here is a new clip, I am still working out what is more lame, the new name, or the clip.

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/heroes-on-the-move-renamed-first-gameplay-footage-outed.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+qj%2Fps3+%28QJ.NET+-+PlayStation+3%29

Wrong level to pick and say its for hardcore gamers too.

So is gt5, some retard is trying to claim its the psgroove that is the reason it is delayed, yeah like adding new decryption keys is going to push it back.

So is gt5, some retard is trying to claim its the psgroove that is the reason it is delayed, yeah like adding new decryption keys is going to push it back.

Don't be so fast to knock it. As I said earlier the one way to make things really hard for the psgroove team is to use new OS features. Then they have to reverse engineer the new OS or emulate it. If they stick in some of the new Facebook features that'll do the job and it shouldn't be too hard either.

Sony's answer to combat this is to use new encryption keys since firmware 3.42, so yeah i am right, no way new keys is going to push the game back, no other game has been pushed back and had this given as a reason, and even that will be fixed eventually, just like now we can install official retail packages, such as game patches, and demos.

Yeah we can do that too, i just did with TFU2 demo.

Sony's answer to combat this is to use new encryption keys since firmware 3.42, so yeah i am right

Well you keep thinking that, but the evidence is against you and you've been shown to not understand the PS3 as well as you think you do in the past. (NTFS remember?) This news was posted by someone with links to Sony, and he has pulled his post since and said that he's going on "extended leave". He's been on that forum for 4 years and he was a moderator; hardly a random source or a "retard". You keep going on about decryption/encryption keys like that's the full story when I keep saying, and surely you must know, that is only part of the story. GT5 is a major release for the PS3, possibly the biggest ever, and Sony will do their darnedness to keep it legal. Will they succeed? Probably not long term, but it'll be interesting seeing what happens. For the record I doubt that it'll be a case of simply changing the keys. They will lock it to 3.5+ in some way, probably by adding features that we going to be added in a patch.

Well you can keep selling, but I aint buying this whole piracy is the reason, this game has been delayed 9 times now.

Not to mention, I don't care, not getting the game, and in the end we will win, sooner or later custom firmware will come just like it did with the psp, and eventually it will fall like a house of cards, especially with more and more inside stuff being leaked.

Well you can keep selling, but I aint buying this whole piracy is the reason, this game has been delayed 9 times now.

Yeah, they have done badly there, but this is hardly a rare occurrence in the game industry. Software writing is often more an art than a craft, especially with a CPU that is as complicated as the Cell.

Not to mention, I don't care, not getting the game, and in the end we will win, sooner or later custom firmware will come just like it did with the psp, and eventually it will fall like a house of cards, especially with more and more inside stuff being leaked.

:laugh: I don't get that attitude at all. If it goes as you're claiming all you'll be able to play is old games, PS2 games and Homebrew as Sony will give up on the PS3, make the PS3.5, and this time lock it down even more than last time. Surely you don't want that? But I don't plan to buy GT5 either. Serious car games are just to serious for me most of the time. Drive 9 laps in first place just to make an error on lap 10 and lose the race by ten seconds? :sceptic: Not my bag at all.

Well right now there is only a couple of games that don't work, eventually a fix will be released, if not well I have dozen old games I have never played, by the time I am done with them, they will fixed any future problems, even still there is next to no games I really want that are still being made, except the new ratchet and clank, and that is nearly a year away, and the force unleashed 2, which I have pre-ordered, so I am not fussed either way.

Anything Sony does from now on is just like putting a bandade over a shot gun blast, the flood gates are open, either jump in and get wet or cry like a baby, me I am happy for at least 4 months, by then there will be many more options, no doubt custom firmware like the PSP, all we need is a new Dark Alex.

I'd stop with the illegal talk if I were you Sion. Pretty sure discussing pirated/ illegal stuff is ban worthy.

PS3 talk: Is Dead rising 2 worth buying?

cry like a baby

:wacko: I'm quite happy with my lot in life. I've got no problems paying for games and with what the PS3 offers as is. If Sony brings out a PS3.5 I'll happily buy that too, and no tears will be shed either. Besides, I've never been good at crying. I've tried too...

I'd stop with the illegal talk if I were you Sion. Pretty sure discussing pirated/ illegal stuff is ban worthy.

PS3 talk: Is Dead rising 2 worth buying?

Perhaps you should either read things, or MYOB, if there was a problem with what I am talking about I am sure RootAdmin Siegfried would have told me to shut up.

:wacko: I'm quite happy with my lot in life. I've got no problems paying for games and with what the PS3 offers as is. If Sony brings out a PS3.5 I'll happily buy that too, and no tears will be shed either. Besides, I've never been good at crying. I've tried too...

Yeah well see how you go being unemployed long term due to health problems, see if you can buy games even at platinum prices.

The next ps will be the PS4, there won't be this rumoured 3.5 with digital downloads only, Sony learned their lesson from the PSPGo.

Seriously, have you watched the green mile and saving private ryan, if those don't make you cry your a freak lol.

Yeah well see how you go being unemployed long term due to health problems, see if you can buy games even at platinum prices.

Who said I wasn't? Let me just say I'm certainly not rich. I think console games are a bargain considering the amount of hours you get out of them. I've played Star Ocean for over 200 hours and I'm still not finished! FFXIII 120 hours.

The next ps will be the PS4, there won't be this rumoured 3.5 with digital downloads only, Sony learned their lesson from the PSPGo.

The PS3.5 thing is a semi-joke; if they rush out a new one now it'll only be a partial upgrade, much like the Gamecube->Wii.

Seriously, have you watched the green mile and saving private ryan, if those don't make you cry your a freak lol.

I can cry over non-personal issues such as beautiful music quite alright, but if it's to do with me, nope. Yeah, I'm a freak.