DarthSion

PlayStation general discussion

Yeah if that rumour is true it would be pretty cool. However I really wonder about what the quality of the games would be like? I hope its not going to be like the PSP Go games which look sucky (the psone classics games are awesome though).

This would be the only thing that would convince me to get an Android phone.

Well if the latest rumour is true that won't happen, the rumour is apple has made a killing thanks to the gen y morons who buy into their ifades and apple is looking to buy playtation and EA.

Well if the latest rumour is true that won't happen, the rumour is apple has made a killing thanks to the gen y morons who buy into their ifades and apple is looking to buy playtation and EA.

PlayStation? Not a chance. They'd need to buy Sony outright to get that. That would be a merger with some really bad synagy. They'd be forced to either spin off half the company or just abandon unwanted stuff like their phones, computers, music players, music store... Since Sony are worth about $40 billion US (and they'd need to pay at least 10% on top of that) and Apple have around $51 billion US I can't see that happening.

EA? Possibly. But why? EA are too uninteresting for Apple. It'd be smarter for them to find 5 Billion worth of small developers; much better value.

If Apple buy anything my bets are on more Disney shares.

Well yeah they would buy out Sony, its not bad idea, would kill Sony's PSPhone, or at least keep it as well as iphones they would own the whole market.

I hope not, otherwise it means the price of the playstation will triple just to pay for adding an i to the front, and a new console every 2 months.

As for EA makes sense, EA is nothing but making money from crap products that they push out every year, so makes sense, its right up apples street.

I hope not, otherwise it means the price of the playstation will triple just to pay for adding an i to the front, and a new console every 2 months.

:laugh:

As for EA makes sense, EA is nothing but making money from crap products that they push out every year, so makes sense, its right up apples street.

I don't have much respect for EA. They buy companies I like and suck the soul out of them. :cry_sad:

Yeah I am with you there, look how they killed command and conquer, all EA does is churn out a new game every year, QA is to EA what loyalty is to Julia Gillard.

Yeah I am with you there, look how they killed command and conquer, all EA does is churn out a new game every year, QA is to EA what loyalty is to Julia Gillard.

And in my opinion, killed Medal of Honour, Sim City and the Sims. They were three awesome titles that had no reason to have turned to crap. They killed Sim City by making it child friendly with 'top notch' graphics which destroyed the look. The killed The Sims by making it all about community, all I want is to be able to create a wicked house and kill as many people as I can before I get bored. Medal of Honour is supposed to be about the history side of war. They created awesome stories and gameplay based on historical events. When they took it into the 21st century it lost that. Creating a cheap rip off of modern warfare. But I digress...

Does anyone else just love getting old PSone games? I play them on my PS2 and its just so much fun. Some of these games I have been playing are really top notch. Im not a graphics lover and all I really care about in a game is a good concept and a great story. So far ive played through Crash Bandicoot 3 and the first two spyros :wub:

Yeah the 2 MoH released on PS3 sucked, that is because EA has the revise midas touch, everything they touch turns to shit.

Well Sony got me back one, I was dumb enough to pre-order star wars the force unleashed 2 collectors edition.

Needs firmware 3.42, wish more people had made as much about it as they did MoH.

Oh well guess i will just have to wait for a fix.

I'm going to assume most people either didn't buy MOH (because it's not really good) or they don't play it whilst using illegal hardware so they didn't really care .

It will be interesting to see how it works, like you said what is to stop people trading games to make extra points.

It will be interesting to see how it works, like you said what is to stop people trading games to make extra points.

They might make you have to enter a code, which means this might only work for brand new games, much like the new EA Sports Online piece of crap :hmpf_bad:

That would be sucky, what about people with dozens of old games, I suppose they could use the bar codes.

Or maybe it will be just for PSN games.

The game that must have had the longest dev cycle, and delayed the most GT5 once again has a release date of 24.11.10.

Yeah right.

Sly cooper collection HD is out 1.12.10.

Edited by DarthSion

The game that must have had the longest dev cycle, and delayed the most GT5 once again has a release date of 24.11.10.

You've never heard of Duke Nukem forever them. :tongue:

Sly cooper collection HD is out 1.12.10.

I never played the Sly Cooper series. Is it worth a purchase?

Hopefully GT5 doesn't get delayed anymore, but I don't think it will, considering how close the new release date is.

The GT5 release date is super close so hopefully it wont be delayed. Seeing the track list though is kinda disappointing. There isnt as many tracks as I hoped there would be, just variations of the same track. The car list seems cool. Heaps of cars as well which is great but not as many premium cars that normal people would drive. It only seems to be super flash cars.

I never played the Sly Cooper series. Is it worth a purchase?

I like them. Its more orientated to kids but they are really great games. Beware that the game is more centred around the storyline than graphics so the graphics arent super good. Though that doesnt worry me one bit. I will probably pick the trilogy up cause in my eyes they are classics.

The GT5 release date is super close so hopefully it wont be delayed. Seeing the track list though is kinda disappointing. There isnt as many tracks as I hoped there would be, just variations of the same track. The car list seems cool. Heaps of cars as well which is great but not as many premium cars that normal people would drive. It only seems to be super flash cars.

There are 53 different tracks available, including the different configurations. (i.e. different Nürburgring configurations like the Nordschleife, Grand Prix, etc...)

53 is a very good number if you ask me, considering all the details that go into every single thing in the game. I think this is going to be the most substantial console game ever. :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

Forgot about Duke forever.

I never played Sly either, but it looks good, I heard its average graphics, but has a great story, hopefully there will be a demo next week.