Sign in to follow this  
mediaprobe

6253 Shipwreck Hideout as a ship?

BTW: I'm quoted in someone's signature !!! :pir-sweet: (mediaprobe's)

Don't get too exited...

Back on topic, there are quite a few shipwrecked, er, ships. maybe pirates is based in the bermuda triangle? :alien:

What concerns me is how this big rock piece ended up in the middle of the shipwreck, with the cabin being above it and the bow and stern still perfectly aligned. If the ship had hit the rock with its middle section, it should've broken in half, the cabin being completely destroyed... This really is one of the strangest shipwrecks I've seen... :pir_laugh2: Actually it rather looks like the remains of the ship were built around the rock which was already there, but why would anyone do that?

Edited by Dreamweb

The placement of the cabin certainly doesn't seem natural by any means. But we know that they moved things around, since the mast isn't even at the site of the wreck anymore.

I suppose the best explanation is that the ship ran aground on a very small island, and the pirates dismantled the ship and put it back together around said island. The steering wheel was probably somewhere in front of the sterncastle, seeing as the remains of the bow are present, but the stern is nowhere to be found. They effectively moved what should've been the sterncastle to the top of the rocks (maybe the ship snapped into two pieces as expected, and they salvaged what they could of the part that was loose), and moved the mast to a nearby outcropping. I'm also guessing the rope bridge was built from all the leftover rigging.