Sign in to follow this  
WhiteHexagon

What do you think?

I've released some new game play this weekend...

It's still pretty basic, but I'm working on new content all the time :)

Edited by WhiteHexagon

Thanks, and yes they are zombies! They need a different face other than the classic smile I think, but it was just easier that way for now. Maybe we'll have a competition at some point to design some faces for the DigiFigs and Zombies in the game :)

Thanks, and yes they are zombies! They need a different face other than the classic smile I think, but it was just easier that way for now. Maybe we'll have a competition at some point to design some faces for the DigiFigs and Zombies in the game :)

Looks very good WhiteHexagon. What program(s) did you use to make it?

So its a fake Lego RPG? Looks interesting but the whole camera movement thing and slowness repel me. Looks great though.

Looks very good WhiteHexagon. What program(s) did you use to make it?

Thanks. It's written in Java using Eclipse, with an OpenGL library called JOGL. Modelling is done with Blender. We tried to keep the graphics real simple so that it will run on quite basic computers. Java means it should run on many operating systems as well, although it's only been tested on Mac and Windows.

So its a fake Lego RPG? Looks interesting but the whole camera movement thing and slowness repel me. Looks great though.

We tried to keep the game quite generic and interesting to anyone that likes building with bricks. So mostly it's building, but the short clip shows a turn based Quest which is more RPG I guess but very basic at this stage or development. The camera is controlled by the players with cursor keys and mouse drag, which is maybe why it doesn't look so smooth, plus my skill with YouTube are pretty poor :)