Sign in to follow this  
Sting

Who IS this guy??

As ImperialScouts pointed out he doesn't look piratical at all. Maybe he broke free from below deck where he was being held captive and grabbed a gun and is attempting a heroic escape!

Well, to me he looks like a pirate. Not all pirates have a pegleg and an eyepatch. He belongs to the ship anyway and fits the other guys nicely. Also, merchants sometimes became or were actual pirates!

Perhaps the lady on board isn't a pirate either. She is most likely the governor's daughter. No, to me they are all pirate crew and I think Lego intended it that way. They wanted to have more different minifigs and I think they added the rather unique ascot guy to the crew just for diversity.

Well, to me he looks like a pirate. Not all pirates have a pegleg and an eyepatch. He belongs to the ship anyway and fits the other guys nicely. Also, merchants sometimes became or were actual pirates!

Perhaps the lady on board isn't a pirate either. She is most likely the governor's daughter. No, to me they are all pirate crew and I think Lego intended it that way. They wanted to have more different minifigs and I think they added the rather unique ascot guy to the crew just for diversity.

Let's just agree to play with our toys however our imaginations see fit. I think Steve would have wanted it that way...

Nice on the governor's daughter bit. I think you are right!

[snip]

I'm not saying all pirates have peglegs and such. To me, pirate's clothing weren't that good looking, they were rags or the striped. Steve looks alot nicer than that! I'm willing to say that he may be a pirate, but like hinckley39 says, let our imagination make people who to be who. :-)

On the front of the box he is shown with the (incorrect) Captain Roger head with red beard and eyepatch and he has a flintlock gun and a cutlass in his hand just like his fellow crew mates.

Which set is that? I've never seen that before. Got a pic?

I've always thought of Steve/Roy as brothers, and relatives of Red Beard, because of the red beard. One was an honest merchant who worked for Governor Woolhouse(?) at ITP, and the other was a pirate that Red Beard allowed into his crew.

BTW, funny story about "Steve". :-D

Which set is that? I've never seen that before. Got a pic?

I've always thought of Steve/Roy as brothers, and relatives of Red Beard, because of the red beard. One was an honest merchant who worked for Governor Woolhouse(?) at ITP, and the other was a pirate that Red Beard allowed into his crew.

BTW, funny story about "Steve". :-D

The box I am talking about is the 6286 Skulls Eye Schooner box. Also the picture of the set on Lugnet shows the front cover photo of the box. If you look at it, you can see that "Steve" was given the Captain Roger head by accident. The head in the set itself is the one with the red beard but without eyepatch, a unique head that was only used on this fig and the merchant in 6277.

My story is, that Steve is a pirate quartermaster and that he is in charge of cannonballs, food, etc... Because he doesn't look too pirate-ish, he can easly fool people into thinking that he's actually an innocent merchant. 

On 10/19/2005 at 11:58 PM, DoubleT said:

So there was nothing to do for Steve than join Redbeard on his ship... Where he later proved himself, as a great figher, leader and toilet cleaner...

Hence the toilet in the bow of the wrecked Black Seas Barracuda in set 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay! There is no trace of Steve, but that bucket has to be his!

On 10/20/2005 at 12:06 AM, Dreamweb said:

So these Lego pirate ships actually have toilets?

You should see the buttocks hangin' over the pirate's vessels sides prior to boarding the hapless merchant...