Wurger49

[MOC] A-Wing Starfighter - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Jedi Shuttle

Posted (edited)

I was very encouraged by the success of my B-Wing design, I wanted to try my hand on another Original Trilogy classic, the A-Wing. The 75362 has the perfect windscreen piece, four technic round blocks and plenty of brackets and slopes. The main difficulty I foresaw with the A-Wing design is the lack of wedge slopes, I had to recreate the wedge shape by arranging curved slopes sideways and forwards along the edge of the fuselage.

The dark red tiled top panel swoops down from the cockpit, giving this A-wing a fast and sleek vibe. The panel is connected on both ends with a hollow mid-section. That red continues on the sides, bottom, and even the engines.

The windscreen piece is the standard one used for Lego A-Wings and the pilot sits back on the studless connection; the shield generator located behind the cockpit is built with various curved slope pieces.
The single barrel laser cannons can swivel top and down, very robust connection on two studs each. No landing gear pieces are available, so I built a stand from the spare pieces.

The angled engines are built around brackets connected to the fuselage by a technic pin, locked down by a clip plate. The vertical stabilizers are plates connected to studded bricks. And those pearl dark gray Technic round blocks? They add a nice touch of detail, mimicking the trust vector control rings.

The finish model is very robust to play with and the slopped fuselage is very smooth and streamlined. I hope I captured the essence of the A-Wing Starfighter.

Instructions are available on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-178807/Wurger Bricks/a-wing-starfighter-alternate-build-of-75362-ahsoka-tanos-t-6-shuttle/

LEGO Star Wars A-Wing Starfighter - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Jedi Shuttle

LEGO Star Wars A-Wing Starfighter - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Jedi Shuttle

LEGO Star Wars A-Wing Starfighter - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Jedi ShuttleLEGO Star Wars A-Wing Starfighter - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Jedi Shuttle

Edited by Wurger49