Wurger49

[MOC] Republic Gunship Midi Scale - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Shuttle

Return of the Gunship: T-6 Shuttle Edition!
Remember that popular republic gunship I built from 75333 Obi-Wan's Starfighter? Buckle up because I am back for another round! This time using the 75362 T-6 Shuttle which has more than double the amount of the pieces. This new creation is another Midi scale version of the classic gunship, ideal for those who love iconic designs but are short on space.

Resourcefulness is the Name of the Game
The T-6 Shuttle might not have all the standard gunship parts, but I went around it with some clever workarounds. No bubble canopy? No sweat! I fashioned a rounded back using curved slopes, perfectly capturing the gunship's iconic silhouette. The cockpit comfortably fits a single clone trooper pilot, ideal for darting around on recon missions.

Throughout the build, I have incorporated a bunch of bar handles and clip pieces to achieve those signature slopes that define the gunship's shape. I have also added some wedges and triangle pieces for extra detail, and even used spare brackets and plates to reinforce the cargo bay and top section, making the entire structure nice and sturdy.

Building is A Snap
For easier building, I have broken the whole thing down into 10 manageable sections: 2 wings, 4 side panels, a pilot-sized cockpit, a back ramp, a spine, and a base. The side panels have bricks and plates on the back for guides, so snapping them together on studs is a breeze. The back ramp might not open and close, but the angled grill pieces look fantastic as thruster slots!

In terms of handling this model, I would recommend picking it up from the spine, and swooshing it around holding the cargo bay floor or front side panels. Do not try to pick up from wings and the cockpit area.

Packing a Punch
Two projectile launchers are mounted on the sides of the T-patterned nose, below the cockpit. The side panels’ dark red stripes are created by wedges and triangles. The cargo bar is 6 studs wide and 7 studs long, it can fit 6 clone troopers facing forwards; the model displayed with 4 clone troopers facing sidewards.
The tail gun was connected to a bar using 2 round plates, it can swerve up and down. The missile launchers have been made in different pieces due to what’s inside the set. Ideally there should have two long yellow axle pieces, but there is only one. One of the missile launchers is connected using the short axle piece. These are just some of the challenges faced when designing alternate builds. In between the missile launders, I used 4 slope pieces on the spine of the gunship to represent the missile belt doors.
The wings are slanted with support from slopes and technic bricks, I managed to keep the wings to only 2 plates thick. No ball turret was designed but 4 rockets are underneath each wing. They are only connected on 4 studs each, so do not try to pick up the ship using the wings.

Small But Mighty, Inspired by the Real World
This single-seater gunship draws inspiration from the real-life Bell OH-58 Kiowa helicopter. Its compact size and agility make it perfect for scouting ahead of larger battles or performing daring rescue missions in tight spaces where a regular gunship wouldn't be able to maneuver. You could call it the LAAT Reconnaissance Gunship, or LAAT/re for short. It'd be a fantastic addition to any LEGO Star Wars collection!

Instructions are available on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-176316/Wurger Bricks/republic-gunship-midi-scale-alternate-build-of-75362-ahsoka-tanos-t-6-shuttle/

Republic Gunship Midi Scale - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 ShuttleRepublic Gunship Midi Scale - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 ShuttleRepublic Gunship Midi Scale - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 ShuttleRepublic Gunship Midi Scale - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 ShuttleRepublic Gunship Midi Scale - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 ShuttleRepublic Gunship Midi Scale - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Shuttle