[MOC] Carreidas 160 private jet from Tintin comics

Posted (edited)

Carreidas 160 supersonic private jet

The Adventures of Tintin - Flight 714 to Sydney

53578513221_4d1d185c3c_h.jpgLego Carreidas 160 Jet by Aero Explorer, on Flickr

53563006492_d010cffb2c_h.jpgLego Carreidas 160 Jet by Aero Explorer, on Flickr

53563864411_43f67e42f8_h.jpgLego Carreidas 160 Jet by Aero Explorer, on Flickr

''Thundering typhoons. Some people travel for fun!''

The plane appeared in The Adventures of Tintin Flight 714 to Sydney, as a unique private trijet aircraft capable of supersonic flight with sweep wing functionalities. Being a fan of Tintin comics and aviation, the Carreidas 160 was my must built in Lego project. 

My fav part is the iconic landing scene when the pilots forced the plane to land on a very small island runway. Moreover, the parachute and the cloud of dust add a exceptionally good action to the overall model. The moc also features a sweep wing and a small interior with a seat where you can place a minifig.

All in all, I really put a lot of effort into recreating the functionalities and the comic look, and the result is actually a very nice potential Lego set with a lot of possibilities and a great story.

[Removed Ideas SPAM]

Thank you very much!!

Edited by JopieK
[Removed Ideas SPAM]

Gorgeous build. Good choice and well done on making the lines work. The interior is cramped, but fitting of a hot business jet. The fact you have the interior really makes this a great MOC.

On 3/20/2024 at 4:53 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Gorgeous build. Good choice and well done on making the lines work. The interior is cramped, but fitting of a hot business jet. The fact you have the interior really makes this a great MOC.

Thank you! The interior was the most fun part to build. I wanted to place two seats, however there wasn't much space left when I finished the model. I'm happy that at least the aircraft owner, Laszlo Carreidas, can enjoy his private jet :)