Sign in to follow this  
BrickMonkeyMOCs

[MOD] 76910 Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro

Posted (edited)

When this set first released I felt it was far too long for its width and wheel size, so I shortened it by two studs. Yet the model then sat too high, and really needed the cockpit area to be sunk below the height of the front fenders. I didn't think this could be done at the time, but I've now revisited it and found a solution that fixes these proportions while retaining the clever techniques and sturdiness of the original set. It still fits two minifigures, but reclines the seating position so as to lower the cockpit. I thought I might have to sacrifice the steering wheel, but managed to add a bucket handle in its place. Instructions are provided below, along with comparison shots of the original set, my 2022 modded version, and this newly updated one.

y6UBbCa.jpeg

Instructions:  [LDraw]  [Studio]  [PDF]

yAH7paZ.jpegEFEQuom.jpegMboc5QD.jpeg

Original Set                                           2022 Mod (shortened by 2 studs)                            New 2024 Mod (lowered by 1 plate)

I've also recently reworked the Porsche 963 with a shorter nose, which I can share if anyone is interested.

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs

Looks good! I think the original 2022 mod fits into the speed champions "look" better but this definitely looks more accurate 

8 hours ago, prateek said:

Looks good! I think the original 2022 mod fits into the speed champions "look" better but this definitely looks more accurate 

Thank you. The 2022 mod instructions are still available through HispaBrick Magazine, but I'm much happier with this new lowered version. All my 2022/23 Speed Champions are modified to some extent, so it fits in quite well with those. Personally, the 2024 SC range isn't doing much for me so far, especially with their heavy reliance on stickers, but I'm hoping for more out of the upcoming releases.