Sign in to follow this  
Teleferix

Any 6-Wide Orient Express MOD?

Hi,

I love the new Orient Express but I cannot use it on my layout because my train station is too narrow for 8-wide. I only have 6-wide and 7-wide, which is really the maximum that I can use. I would have to redo my layout completely to run the Orient Express as is.

Are you aware of any 6-wide transformation of the Orient Express? I am of course willing to pay for the work of the designer.

Best!

Teleferix

Thank you for your reply! I explored Rebrickable extensively but I could not find any 6-wide version of the orient express coaches reusing pieces from the official lego set.

7 hours ago, Teleferix said:

Thank you for your reply! I explored Rebrickable extensively but I could not find any 6-wide version of the orient express coaches reusing pieces from the official lego set.

No problem!

I can see someone eventually doing this. You could build the original in the Bricklink Studio software, then once you have the full train built you could work on converting it to a 6 wide build. You'd lose a lot of detail that way, but I think it could be done. You would save a ton of weight as well so would make for much easier motorisation, if that is the route you want to go down.

I'd do it myself, but I haven't the time to build the real set, let alone build it digitally and then re-engineer it!

Posted (edited)

I did myself a little work in progress conversion of my Orient Express to 7-wide. Had the issue too, that the train was too wide for my oldschool train stations and also looked way to fat comapared to the regular LEGO trains. Also slimed down the coal tender a bit while keeping the top 8-wide and removed the outer rod from the loco. Not as beautiful anymore but now it wont touch my station platfroms. Works well and slimmer looks even better. Will order correct colored and a bit optimised parts when I got time and money XD

o4ganzwb.jpg

6gdigj9x.jpg

5mhttpfk.jpg

Edited by Elphiel

Thanks a lot for your replies! The 7-wide version looks much better indeed. I do not like the "swollen" look of the official cars.