Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

I really like the Great Hall. The proportions are pretty good, though I will probably adjust the exterior columns from 1x1 to 2x2 and do fewer rows of windows. I will also probably create a platform for the teachers table too.

I do like the rooms in the rock base can pull out. It's nice to have the option to display them separately if I so choose.

My main complaint is the courtyard, I don't understand the design of it at all. The colonnade design makes no sense and doesn't look anything like in the movie. I really don't get what they were going for here.

6 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

One more thought, with the Troll included some of us speculated that the great hall might be decorated for Halloween, sadly this is not the case. But could Halloween pumpkins for example be included in the advent calendar? 

Both the Great Hall and advent calendar descriptions we have from before suggest an ability to swap out decorations. We only have two pics that actually show the interior of the set, both of which have the Christmas table set up. It’s pretty easy to believe that there are alternate Halloween decorations included but the pics of them just haven’t leaked yet. We’ve really only seen a sneak peek at this point. 

7 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Tbf, this appears to be coming from a catalog rather than the box, so it might look better on the actual set.

I'm pretty sure catalogs use the exact same background images as the corresponding sets.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Great Hall looks incredibly boring and plain? It's twice as big as the previous two ones, but feels half as packed. The troll is nice, but the set is such a disappointment imo.

I think it's kind of telling that most people who seem to like it go " looks good, now all I need to do is mod it/combine it with the 2018 Great Hall". Modular system notwithstanding, apparently we're past the point where a EUR 220 flagship set is expected to look awesome on its own.

Edited by brickbride

I've been trying to think why this new one looks so flat to me on the exterior and I think it's to do with the window shaping. Looking at the 2018 Great Hall, there's no doubt this one is more detailed and the windows are taller, but they don't have the pointed shaping at the top like the 2018 one. Those pointed / curved top windows are a integral part of the Great Hall's exterior design to me and I think it's that which makes me look at the 2018 model and see more of a Great Hall compared to this new one, even though this new one is definitely 'more' in quantity terms. Looking at the build it seems this could be easily fixed with the same upside down slope bricks put across the top windows like in the 2018 hall.

Ohh I am getting more hyped everyday, still 2 sets have not leaked yet, ship and potion classroom. Hopefully we will have official reveal this week. Brick Enthusiast said there will be more leaks this week.

There's a new image if Buckbeak out I think - it has the crow and pumpkins included. 

25 minutes ago, Seaber said:

There's a new image if Buckbeak out I think - it has the crow and pumpkins included. 

They were visible on box art.

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

it has the crow

Brickbuilt I assume?

Not a single owl in the biggest GH set?!

8 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Brickbuilt I assume?

Yes

9 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Not a single owl in the biggest GH set?!

From what I've seen until now, no.

On 4/28/2024 at 12:56 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I look at these sets and feel... absolutely nothing.

Buckbeak looks okay, couldn't care less. Same goes for Mandrake, although I like the build a bit more here.

Diagon Alley shops look incredibly plain and unexciting. The facade of Ollivanders is nice, but that's about it.

Aragog looks fantastic, but it's just a 1:1 remake (in terms of contents) of a set we got, which again, isn't exciting. I think it's the best set of the wave, but even this one doesn't make me feel a single thing.

Am I the only one who thinks that the Great Hall looks incredibly boring and plain? It's twice as big as the previous two ones, but feels half as packed. The troll is nice, but the set is such a disappointment imo.

Same. These re-releases keep increasing in size ever-so-slightly, but there's nothing compelling about this current iteration for me beyond the fantastic troll. 

Thoughts on the leaked images:

- Great Hall: 

> so far, i really like the exterior, my only complaint are the stairs to the boathouse…

> regarding the interior: i’ll save my judgment for the official pictures, but… they really could have tried to make the hall seem a little bit more alive: a proper table for the staff; more flying candles; different types of food; and even some of the new transparent pieces so that you could put either owls or ghost flying on the ceiling… i also think they should have used some halloween type props that people could switch with the ones that are coming with the advent calender…. I prefer this sky than a stickered ine, though they could have tried to do something extra with it… regarding the underlevel: i like the small corridor to pretend you can go from one room to the other; the bathroom seems like a decent build, but the hufflepuff common room seems to be really lacking…. No banner; no house crest.., just some tables… quite disappointing… the minifigures are really the highlight of this set specially the troll. this seems like it would have been a great set at 150-170€; but it does not look like a 220€ set at all…. Lego priece increases are really making some of their designers sets look awful; not because of the build buy because the set you are getting does not reflect the price you are paying for…

- Ollivanders and Madam Malkin

> fantastic minifigures of madam malkin, flower witch and ollivander; also love the new wand molds

> ollivanders looks like a fun little set from the outside but madam malkind inside is really just meh… like many have said - the price they demand for these DA small sets VS the price of each module of the D2C DA is awful…

> also this would have been a great opportunity for them to use the house robes on these nameless students; and make sure to give some houses diversity… however they opt to give us some random torsos from other themes (that you could easily get of bricks and pieces…)

- The Mandrake looks fun, but does not really interest me

- Buckbeak doesn’t even look to me like an entencing set..

- Potions classroom:

> am curious to see how they are going to do this module; as the great hall ones look like roughly 100-150 pieces at most… 

> the snape minifigure is a fantastic addition though

Hopefully in a couple hours we will get the final pictures specially of the durmatrang ship

I really don't understand this iteration of the Great Hall. 

For twice the piece count and price, all this one has over the 2018 version is a clumsy basement and an out of scale courtyard that mostly obscures the front doors. 2018 exterior still looks more iconically like the Great Hall.

And the stairs up from the boathouse look like the ones you'd roll up to a private jet; they should be switchbacking.

At this point, I think LEGO should completely split this theme into affordable playsets for families/kids and more expensive display models for adults/collectors. They've already done it for Diagon Alley and Hogwarts Express as well as the rumored Burrow and Knight Bus at some point. Why not do two versions of Hogwarts? Trying to have it both ways as a modular playset AND display model means that parents can't afford it and collectors aren't getting the build quality they want.

Also bizarre that the Great Hall interior theme seems to be Christmas-y. Adding to what others have posted, this set should have come with a Halloween interior to coordinate with the troll and then had alternate Christmas decor included in the AC.

It would be really odd to include jack-o-lanterns in an AC...

I would say that having AC as a fulfillment to GH is a good idea. Usually in AC we are getting only few good minifugres, the rest of the set I am putting to my Lego container, not built. I would prefer to get some decorations which actually can be used somewhere, to make other sets even more detailed.

1 hour ago, PotDoc said:

I prefer this sky than a stickered ine, though they could have tried to do something extra with it…

Yes, to  me it seems that attaching few round 1x1 transparent yellow plates to imitate stars was a low hanging fruit or maybe I just imagine it would look nice. They might be a bit too big as stars considering the size of the roof...

I just need to speak up and say, Great that we now get Professor Quirrel in a brown and not black. I made quite a stink about that back in 2018 so now that circle is complete!

Cheers!

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, hunnybunny said:

Yes, to  me it seems that attaching few round 1x1 transparent yellow plates to imitate stars was a low hanging fruit or maybe I just imagine it would look nice. They might be a bit too big as stars considering the size of the roof...

11609.jpg11609.jpg11609.jpg11609.jpg11609.jpg

Edited by brickbride

Posted (edited)

Advent calendar pictures are out. It basically is a great hall booster pack. Additional tables, a fireplace and christmas decorations. There's a statue for each house too.

New winter sweaters for each house and another ghost.

Edited by strangely

2 minutes ago, strangely said:

New winter sweaters for each house and another ghost (possibly the first version of the grey lady).

No, that’s one of those caroling ghosts I mentioned before. They’re seen singing right before the shot of Flitwick trimming the tree in SS. The Grey Lady never had a large skirt or light hair like that. A very exciting use of the wide skirt piece though. 

Also - SURPRISE CHO! That brings up the number of fully printed figs in this calendar to SEVEN - a new record for this theme. I wasn’t expecting new sweater + scarf torsos for all the houses (because we didn’t know there’d be a Ravenclaw student) but this adds so fun variety. 

Posted (edited)

The Advent Calendar box says "compatible with 76435" and while one could obviously swap out the tables and the contents on top of them, I wonder if that set has room for the statues and fireplace too.

Speaking of statues, the ones of the badger and lion look like reared-up caterpillars. 

Edited by Ferder

17 minutes ago, Ferder said:

The statues of the badger and lion look like reared-up caterpillars. 

Pretty sure that’s a Raven/Eagle and a Badger - you can tell what house they’re meant to represent by the color of the tile on their bases. I’m pretty sure they’re based on the figural wall sconces in the Great Hall, but yeah, not necessarily the best choice for brick built decor at this scale. 

On the bright side - flying Hedwig! After they used the perched version in the 2022 calendar I figured the dimensions on the mold were incompatible with the calendar cubby holes or something. Then again, they did make the switch from a pressed paper tray to slotted cardboard slats to separate the sections last year. Perhaps that expanded what could fit behind each door, and the Harry Potter designers are going all out to take advantage of it by putting in flying Hedwig and the double wide skirt of the caroling ghost. 

50 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

No, that’s one of those caroling ghosts I mentioned before.

Thanks for clearing up my confusion, that makes more sense.

I think this is the first leaked photo from this wave I'm excited about (although I think I'll get Aragog as well). This looks like a great Christmas addition. Yeah, the brick built House mascots are a little odd, but I can't say it sours me on the lot. It really brings the House pride, and I'm very pleased to get the new House jumpers. 

Cool ghost and new house scarf variant!

That Flitwick looks even less like himself now that they've gone for the generic Santa beard. The Hobbit beard was already a little bit of a stretch.

I'm really not seeing how those statues or really much from the Advent Calendar could be crammed into the new Great Hall, but we'll see.