Max_Lego

[MOC] Imperial TX-225 Occupier tank (armoured carrier) with "working" suspension

Hello, everyone!

I would like to present you my first serious Star Wars MOC - a model of the Imperial tank from Rogue One.

I loved this vehicle since I saw the leaked images of the official LEGO 75152 set. Learning that the actual tank is a tracked vehicle amazed me even more. Eventually, I hated the movie, but the tank remains one of my favourite Star Wars vehicles.

I initially wanted to purchase the 75152 set, but after building my CP-H speeder I decided to build my own, more accurate version of it. Instead of building the hovering version, I decided to do it the hard way - not only my MOC must have had tracks, but also a working suspension!

The model currently looks like this:

Lego Star Wars MOC - Imperial TX-225 Occupier tank (armoured carrier)

Before its redesign, it was considerably longer and taller, and also had an orange crate in the back. I shortened and lowered the model, so now it's more accurate, but the crate is now too long to be placed on the flatbed. :sad: Nevertheless, I am quite satisfied with the finished build. Maybe I will design a shorter crate one day...

Rear view:

Lego Star Wars MOC - Imperial TX-225 Occupier tank (armoured carrier)

Crew cabin view:

Lego Star Wars MOC - Imperial TX-225 Occupier tank (armoured carrier) driver cabin

Same view, but without the driver and commander. The interior details (including the white mug) were taken from the tank's official cross-section:

Lego Star Wars MOC - Imperial TX-225 Occupier tank (armoured carrier) interior

Here is a view of the "working" suspension. I based it not on the real-life Alvis Stormer (the basis for the movie vehicle) suspension, but rather on how it looked like on the cross-section. It should have worked with small rubber bands, but the model is way too heavy, so it doesn't work. I still decided to leave it there, because it adds realism to the build:

Lego Star Wars MOC - Imperial TX-225 Occupier tank (armoured carrier) "working" suspension

Hope you liked my MOC! May the Force be with you!

1 hour ago, KennoMonkey said:

This is great! Nice job. And FWIW I had to watch Rogue One a few times before I "got" it. Now it's one of my favorites :]

Thanks!