KennoMonkey

[MOC] Mars Mission Walker

This is another quick project. I really like the Mars Mission. I hope that goes again some day when someone gets serious about a human expedition. I wanted a walker and started with the legs. If you motorized them they would actually walk. Not much more than a small cab could be supported and even that was hard enough to balance.

91%20110%20mars%20at-st%20eva_2.png

Lucked out, the EVA ladder reached the ground perfectly and folds up underneath.

92%20120%20mars%20at-st%20eva.png

93%20130%20mars%20at-st%20posed%20runnin

I know it looks simple, but I spent quite awhile on the exterior details--getting every sensor I imagined would be useful. It felt especially clever to include a ground-penetrating radar (right-side picture) and an interferometer (left-side picture). Of course, the astronaut wouldn't open the cockpit except when docked at an airlock. It just didn't show well through the glass)

94%20150%20mars%20at-st%20posed.png

The interior is jam-packed with EVA equipment--suit, gas, tools...

95%20160%20mars%20at-st%20rear.png

And, of course, it being Mars Mission it had to have stickers.

mars%20at-st%20stickers%20300dpi.png

For the toolbox, since plain red is a lot more available toolbox%20classic%20space%20logo%20600dp

Free downloads https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-158032/KennoMonkey/mars-at-st-all-terrain-survey-transport/#details