Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[MOC] The Sacrifice

Who knew that Fabuland figures sacrificed regular minifigures?! It's a darker side of Fabuland we don't always get to see, but it's there, lurking around the corner. Be careful, they might get you!

On a serious note, it feels almost a requirement on EB to be a fan in some way of these weird animal minifigs we know as Fabuland. Look at any mafia game involving them, or MOCs from other users. So of course I had to add to my MOC collection of another Fabuland build following Ernie Elephant's New Ride. Similar to that build, I did this in a neo-Fabuland style I found by HarrisBricks. I really like going silly with this and last Fabuland build had neo-style builds of old sets, so here I wanted to go a little more bonkers. For those who don't know, neo-Fabuland is the idea of using colors used in Fabuland sets, but with modern pieces and to get that still sort of kid-like look. As there were no Aztec temple Fabuland sets, I had to improvise here with the style. I'd like to think it came out well!

fabulandsacrifice.png

As this was in Stud.io, there are no true Fabuland figures, as they are not in the program. I substituted Chima recolors and will use the actual Fabuland figures when I build this physically.

fabulandsacrifice_2.png

fabulandsacrifice_3.png

fabulandsacrifice_6.png

I really enjoyed making the base for this one and playing with the texturing.

fabulandsacrifice_4.png

fabulandsacrifice_5.png

As always, comments and criticism are more than welcome!

And here it is in real bricks! I'm going to bring this to Brickworld this year, and I'm excited to see what people say there, as there are always some Fabuland builds there. I made some small modifications from the original digital build based off some available pieces I had. Enjoy!

1a.png

1b.png

1c.png

1d.png

1e.png

1f.png

1g.png