Sign in to follow this  
KvadratGnezdo

Stud.io not loading parts after latest update

Hello everyone, I've recentlly installed stud.io's latest update and suddenly it stopped working as usual - it now takes way longer for my files to open, random parts from the parts library aren't loading (when dragging them from catalogue, it looks like I'm not dragging everything, but the workspace grid seems to react as if said parts actually were there), multi component parts like magnets, wheel and frame assemblies are not loading completely, for example magnets load without their plastic frames, but retain their connection points somehow. The worst thing is - I cant even delete stud.io from my device now - the process crashes right at the end.

Can anyone explain what the heck is going on?

Hi,

Knowing your operating system (Windows? macOS?) would help.

If you can’t uninstall, the simplest is to delete Studio’s files (in C:\Program Files\Studio 2.0 on Windows and in /Applications/Studio 2.0 on macOS) and reinstall Studio from scratch.

If you have custom parts, it’d be wise to at least at first move them from your user’s directory and reintroduce them later when everything works.  (User’s directory: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Stud.io on Windows (AppData is hidden), /Users/<username>/.local/Stud.io (.local is hidden, use Cmd+Shift+.)).