The Brick Boss

My review on the 60363 Ice Cream Shop

So yesterday, for City release week, I had brought the 60363 Ice Cream Shop! I've gotta say.....this set actually has impressed me above the call and duty. So I'm going to start off with the pros and cons. Then I'll give my summary.

TURN ONS

• The lady in the bear costume instead of a plain ice cream shop worker. 
  • The birthday party scene outside the shop
  • Easy to customize - I added a wall to one of the sides. 
  • Barely any emphasis on the vehicle. 

TURN OFFS

• A bit overpriced. I would've made it $10 cheaper.
  • No inside furniture. But....that can be fixed. 

My overall summary for this set, I looooooove this thing! I love the little straight-to-the-point detail on the inside with the flavor section, milkshake blender, cones, topping section and the little refrigerator on the side. There is also a plant inside for decoration. I can tell that they took inspiration from Friends with this ice cream shop. Especially with the buildable ice cream sign on top of the building. I love the exterior as it reminds me of an average retro-style look. The front dining area is a bonus as well. I adore the little birthday party scene with the little boy with a baloon and the bear mascot. Lego so far claims that buildings don't tell stories in the City theme like vehicles do. But this building contradicts them as this building tells a story with little to no vehicle and/or emergency situations present. The little boy is coming here for his birthday party. There is a vehicle, which is the little bike and there is a cardinal for the animal mould. But the bike doesn't stand out, nor does it makes the majority of the set. This set gets a 9.5/10 from me. 

Edited by The Brick Boss

I have bought it last week for 28€ 

Maybe is missing some more furniture in the inside (a table or a bar with some chairs) 

4 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

I have bought it last week for 28€ 

Maybe is missing some more furniture in the inside (a table or a bar with some chairs) 

Yeah! That's a turn-off that can be fixed. 

Got this wonderful set in 12 usd dollars (211 mexican pesos) in the Wall mart near my home, incredible offer! couldn´t believe it when I saw the last one in the shelf and checked the price in the machine, I returned to home running and came back for it! Almost 10 years after I got a Lego, and now I returned to this sweet adiction hehe!

Beacause of the wonderful offer this is the greatest set ever, excelent pirze per piece ratio (because of the offer I repeat)

- Nice building, liked the modern finish, the glass

- Everything in this set is useful for other projects

- I liked the bear girl and the kid but not so much the guy in purple shirt

-The bike is cute, and the details and pastel colours!