VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

I got it the Baterra are a doomsday weapon :grin:

Are you serious? :oh:

That's an awesome purpose! (Although Toa would've been more awesome doomsday devices)

Man, the story just got a whole lot cooler. ^_^ Only...

... why does Greg reveal EVERYTHING online?! Last year the story lost its suspense because we knew the Nuva would survive; the year before that we knew about Mata Nui's death and could guess the demise of at least one Mahri. And now, with such a cool mystery just introduced, Greg ruins it it by revealing its nature on BZP.

Greg needs to watch some Lost, to see how to maintain mysteries. Or look at earlier Bionicle storylines. Or just use common sense.

-Ikk

Are you serious? :oh:

That's an awesome purpose! (Although Toa would've been more awesome doomsday devices)

I disagree with you, Toa have elemental powers but Baterra are shapeshifters and their power make them good assassins. And we don't know if Baterra have other powers beside their shapeshifting ability.

In any case, Baterra are really interesting.

I disagree with you, Toa have elemental powers but Baterra are shapeshifters and their power make them good assassins. And we don't know if Baterra have other powers beside their shapeshifting ability.

In any case, Baterra are really interesting.

The Elemental and Kanohi powers of Toa would make them greater than anything on Bara Magna, including the Baterra. If the Baterra have more powers than just shapeshifting it might be different, but currently there are many many ways that a Toa could easily dispatch a Baterra.

Although there is no relationship with Krahka, I still wonder if the Baterra are like an "alternate Krahka" only that there are a number of them while Krahka is the only known being that shape-shift (save Matau's kanohi of illusion...) Could they be like "distant cousins"???

Although there is no relationship with Krahka, I still wonder if the Baterra are like an "alternate Krahka" only that there are a number of them while Krahka is the only known being that shape-shift (save Matau's kanohi of illusion...) Could they be like "distant cousins"???

I doubt that - Krahka seems like a nice gal, but the Baterra are faceless assassins that exist only to kill other beings. And the GBs made the Baterra whereas the Brotherhood of Makuta (presumably) made Krahka's species.

Man, the story just got a whole lot cooler. ^_^ Only...

... why does Greg reveal EVERYTHING online?! Last year the story lost its suspense because we knew the Nuva would survive; the year before that we knew about Mata Nui's death and could guess the demise of at least one Mahri. And now, with such a cool mystery just introduced, Greg ruins it it by revealing its nature on BZP.

Greg needs to watch some Lost, to see how to maintain mysteries. Or look at earlier Bionicle storylines. Or just use common sense.

-Ikk

Well, Greg sort of boxed himself into a corner by answering questions about the Baterra's purpose when posed to him. Even if he didn't reveal it, someone on the OGD was about to guess, as there is a post several posts prior to that revelation where a BZP member guessed exactly their purpose. He was bound to ask Greg eventually, to which he would have had to say yes.

I do agree that he should not have revealed that the Nuva wouldn't die, but personally I had no idea that Mata Nui would die or that Matoro would die.

What's ironic is that this revelation, rather than making the Baterra cooler, makes the Great Beings cooler...

VK

What's the rock meant to be?

i will not draw a Rock...i will draw an EPIC ROCK

you feel the diference between a Rock, and a EPIC rock?

What's the rock meant to be?

Oh I get it! He's in space and is using a meteoroid or an asteroid to rest his arm on... :tongue: right???

edit: ??? how was my post pushed??? :sceptic: :sceptic: :sceptic:

Edited by Toa Mata Nui

i will not draw a Rock...i will draw an EPIC ROCK

you feel the diference between a Rock, and a EPIC rock?

Y'know, my cane is classier than your cane - mine has a Hau on the top. :tongue:

The Elemental and Kanohi powers of Toa would make them greater than anything on Bara Magna, including the Baterra. If the Baterra have more powers than just shapeshifting it might be different, but currently there are many many ways that a Toa could easily dispatch a Baterra.

It makes them more powerful but Baterra can use their power of shapeshifting to camouflage themselves to their surroundings. And I think that most Toa don't have a kanohi that allow them to see an hidden Baterra (Suletu, Akaku, Arthron and maybe the Elda the only known masks that are able to do this). And we souldn't forget that Baterra means "silent death". :classic:

It makes them more powerful but Baterra can use their power of shapeshifting to camouflage themselves to their surroundings. And I think that most Toa don't have a kanohi that allow them to see an hidden Baterra (Suletu, Akaku, Arthron and maybe the Elda the only known masks that are able to do this). And we souldn't forget that Baterra means "silent death". :classic:

Along with those masks, the Komau, Felnas, Rode would be easily capable of breaking the Baterra's illusions. On top of that, many other masks would probably be able to at least defend against a Baterra if used correctly.

The elemental powers of Toa would also let them destroy the surrounding area including the Baterra even if they don't know where the Baterra is.

As another point (although really limited), if a Baterra took that form of a rock, a Toa of Stone or Earth would be able to detect them by realising that they cannot control that particular rock.

Any news on Certavus yet? Was any foul play detected? I'm preparing myself for a disappointment tomorrow.

Not yet. The general consensus after some pages of worthless accusations to Entry 1 was that Entry 1 was winning because of the news entry, which invited many kids who love silver and didn't realise that it was a contest for the most canon looking Certavus. :sceptic:

Thanks BZP, for making my life hard.

I have to draw Devy, Jetfire, Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Mudflap, BB, Skids, Ironhide, Ratchet, Springer, Jolt, all 7 Constructicons and all the other Tfs by Friday.

You people have made my life much harder with silver Certavus.

What's worse is that he wants to kill MN... :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: (I'd better change my name soon....LOL!! :laugh:)

Anyway I think that RoS is probably one of the better serials than some other ones.....I mean, DW, DID, TB, and all of those others were great but this....this is getting "dark", "epic" and "mysterious"....

I wonder what Teridax would think if he sees MN as a toa...(probably he'll just say...wow...he's no threat to me...)

That Clone Tueyt and the Original one reminds me of Tsubasa with the Clone Syaoran and the Real Syaoran...

I actually see no connection for the Syaoran/Tuyet scenario, but then again, I'm still only in the Celes Country arc, so I may have missed something.

I actually see no connection for the Syaoran/Tuyet scenario, but then again, I'm still only in the Celes Country arc, so I may have missed something.

What episodes are those???

I haven't read the Magna and I understand quite a bit!! But if you hadn't reached Tokyo Revelations read the spoiler..excuse for this off topic for a moment

There is a fake Syaoran that was created by Fei Wong Reed. (The fake one was meant to collect the feathers and kill anyone that was in his way...he was meant to be a "Cold-heart". He captured the real one and sealed him into a cage of glass filled with water.

Before the real one was taken, he ripped (literately) his right eye off and shoved it into the clone so that way the clone wouldn't be as much as a threat to Sakura and the team. In result, the fake one gained similar personalities as the real one for a while....

Later the real one escaped in Tokyo Revelations to catch up and fights against his clone (after Syaoran's real eye comes back) which results in something disgusting to Fye...

So basically since episode one of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, that Syaoran was a fake...up until around Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations Episode 2....

For more details, watch Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations, there are three episodes

In contrast, the OoMN made like a fake Tuyet to be placed in the pit while the real one was taken away in another dimension. Eventually the real one escaped and found her way back to the MU and is now facing dangers under Teridax's Reign...(it's similar but different, make sense?)

Edited by Toa Mata Nui

You guys do know they made a new final FINAl POll right?

:sadnew: I'm going to have to vote again?!

Entry 1 won fair and square in the final poll, I can't see why they can't just accept it. :angry:

Edited by 3D Brickthing

:sadnew: I'm going to have to vote again?!

Entry 1 won fair and square in the final poll, I can't see why they can't just accept it. :angry:

Well, if it killed everyone in the last poll, I don't see why it can't do it again this time around.