Sign in to follow this  
evank

FS: Connect vintage IBM PC to Lego models!

This for-sale ad is for people my age :) (40-plus) and for younger folks who love tinkering on retro technology.

In the 1980s, Lego had a part called 9750 Interface A, which lets you connect your 8-bit computer to Lego motors, sensors, and lights (using the 4.5-volt system). The set worked with the Apple II, BBC Micro, Commodore 64, IBM PC, and Philips P-2000. There were slightly different versions for each computer, although the Interface A is the same for all of them.

I recently acquired several of the IBM PC version. I'm selling them for $400 each, plus shipping/handling. I'm located in New Jersey, USA.

You get: one 9750 Interface A, two 9700 Technical Control Center (the actual Lego pieces), and one 9771 PC-ISA card (works with any PC-compatible DOS computer that has an ISA slot.)

Many more details about this hardware, and how to program it, are on my website at www.brickhacks.com. (All of the manuals are on the Internet Archive in the collection called 'vintage Lego robotics' which is linked on my site.)

Please send me a private message if you're interested in buying one of the bundles.

Or comment in this thread if you have general questions.

Sign in to follow this