Themiddlebrick

[moc] UN-S21 Mining Survey Vehicle

Here is my latest creation and a little lore that fed into the design. I made the speeder moc a while ago but just finished the base. I  had a bunch of vibrant yellow 1x6 bricks and 1x12 plates along with Lime 1x2 curved slopes and plates from the PAB wall and set about using them here. So without further ado:

UN S21 Speeder

In the dense atmosphere, pilots rely on instrumentation to avoid areas of high pressure which cause the crystallization of nitrogen and methane gas in the atmosphere. These 'gasbergs' have been the cause of many devastating collisions.

UN S21 Speeder

The S21 features several innovations uniquely suited for use on the mining colony; a fully sealed body able to withstand the extreme pressures and highly caustic atmosphere of Saurus. Stabilizing piers with regular and inverted repulsers offer stability in turbulent gas currents needed to operate sensitive long-range sensors.

UN S21 Speeder

The most unusual feature is the onboard nitrogen harvester. The nitrogen can be used to fuel the booster phase of the twin ion/combustion engines, allowing repeated orbital insertions without the need for refueling stations.
When fired, the boosters ignite atmospheric xenon-nitrogen, producing distinctive green contrails.

UN S21 Speeder

Edited by Themiddlebrick