Basilisk

What box variations from the 1963-1970 model sets (trucks with steering) do exist?

I have a large collection of these 1963 to 1970 model sets starting from the London Bus 313 onwards from all over the world.
Collection-1.jpg

Collection-2.jpg

Originally, I only wanted to collect one of each, but when I noticed the wide variations in the boxes, things got a bit out of hand?

The following pictures show the variations I collected, and it would be great if others could provide information what else is around.

#313 London Bus from 1966 - Sold in the UK and Australia.
313.jpg
The Building Toy box is a push out box and the other two are end opening boxes. Do any other Sets come with both the old style(The building Toy) and the new style (the white Square) British box or is 313 and 315 the only one?

#315 European Taxi from 1963 to 1970 - Sold in all locations.
315-1.jpg
From left to right: US Model Maker, 2xBritish and 3x Europe. Has anyone ever seen a Canadian box?

The European System box exists as a push out box and an end opening boxes with a later style instruction leaflet.
315-2.jpg

#316 Farm Tractor from 1964 - Sold in Europe, USA and Canada.
316.jpg
US Model Maker and 3x Europe. Has anyone ever seen a Canadian box?

#317 Delivery Truck from 1964 - Sold in Europe, USA and Canada.
317-1.jpg
Europe and US Model Maker box.

I have versions of the European box with the child picture.
317-2.jpg
Note the larger drawing of the truck on the right and the different brick locations on the side of the box. Does a European box exist with just the truck Photo? And I assume a Canadian box existed as well.

#319 Truck with Trailer from 1965 - Sold in all locations.
319.jpg
British, US Model Maker and Canadian Box. Has anyone ever seen a European box?

#320 Red Aeroplane from 1965 - Sold in Europe, USA and Canada.
320-1.jpg
US Modelmaker and Europe Box.  Does a European box exist with the child on the front? And I assume a Canadian box existed as well.

I have two versions of the Model Maker Box.
320-2.jpg
No.320 is a push out box and No.320:270 is an end opening box which I assume is the later version.

#328 Biplane from 1967 -  Sold in Europe.
I only seen the European System end opening box with new style instruction leaflet as shown on the introduction picture. Does a push out box version of this set exist?

#329 Antique Car from 1967 - Sold in Europe, USA and Canada.
329.jpg
US Model Maker, Canadian and 2x Europe box - push out and end opening.

#330 Jeep from 1968 - Sold in all locations.
330-1.jpg
US Model Maker, Canadian and Europe. Anyone seen a British box? And does a push out box version of the European box exist?

This Canadian box comes from England.
330-2.jpg

#331 Dump Truck from 1967 - Sold in all locations.
331.jpg
US Model Maker, British and 2x Europe - push out and end opening. Anyone seen a Canadian box?

#332 Tow Truck from 1967 - Sold in all locations.
332.jpg
US Model Maker and 2x Europe - push out and end opening. Anyone seen a Canadian and British box?

#333 Delivery Truck from 1967 - Sold in all locations.
333-1.jpg
US Model Maker, British and Europe. 

Again, the European box comes as push out and end opening box.
333-2.jpg

#334 Flatbed Truck from 1967 - Sold in Europe, USA and Canada.
334.jpg
Europe and US Model Maker box. Anyone seen a Canadian box?

#335 Transport Truck from 1967 - Sold in all locations.
335-1.jpg
US Model Maker, British and Europe. Anyone seen a Canadian box?

Again, the European box comes as push out and end opening box.
335-2.jpg

Some of the later US Model Maker boxes have this sticker on them.
330-3.jpg
Some of the parts in this Lego System are manufactured in Denmark.

#336 Fire Engine from 1968 - Sold in Europe, UK/Australia.
336-2.jpg
British new style and British made Canadian box - even though the set is apparently only sold in Europe and the UK/Australia!

336-1.jpg
And these two European boxes have two different pictures on the sides with ladder down and up.

#337 Truck with Crane from 1969 - Sold in Europe, UK/Australia.
337.jpg
Europe and British Box. Does a Canadian exist?

#338 Ambulance from 1970 - Sold in Europe, UK/Australia.
Like with the #328 Biplane set, I only seen the European System end opening box with new style instruction leaflet as shown on the introduction picture. Does a British or Canadian box exist?

#371 Motorized Truck from 1967 - Sold in USA through Sears.
371.jpg
Fortunately, there are no box variations I know off as it is not an easy set to obtain.

Generally speaking, the push out boxes pre-date the end opening boxes and were in use until 1967 or so. I hope this information is useful for some and I would love to see additions or corrections.

The set information and distribution information are from Gary Istok's Lego Collectors Guide which is a great resource and highly recommended.
Cheers, Peter

Edited by Basilisk

About the 371 Motorized Truck.  The outer box I was familiar with is marked "MFG. NO. 463711", but your box has "MFG. NO. 3463711".  Curious about the extra digit.

No idea, but the extra digit is maybe from a later batch. I find all these variations fascinating as there are still new variations to discover.

No one else hier knows of any other box variations from  these old large vehicles?
Cheers, Peter