Lyichir

LEGO Ninjago 2023 Discussion

3 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

@fernandoleone932 It comes from insta, check ridexninjago leaks. Not sure how credible though, we will wait for Doc to confirm or deny the statement. 

Well today was not the day for sets again…. well at least we got yesterday but I hope the others show up soon. 

I think the first part will probably be centered on introducing the post merge new world, new characters, new powers and new threat and the second part will be centered on reuniting with the other team members, and centered more on the original team to defeat Imperium

1 minute ago, Fire-Ninja said:

I think the first part will probably be centered on introducing the post merge new world, new characters, new powers and new threat and the second part will be centered on reuniting with the other team members, and centered more on the original team to defeat Imperium

There is a guy on twitter claiming that the sets had appeared on Lego.com on May 1, apparently he discovered it in waybackmachine, I personally think he is lying but I just wanted to bring this up here to see your opinions on this….

3 minutes ago, fernandoleone932 said:

There is a guy on twitter claiming that the sets had appeared on Lego.com on May 1, apparently he discovered it in waybackmachine, I personally think he is lying but I just wanted to bring this up here to see your opinions on this….

If he’s got proof, I mean anyone can use the way back machine so we can go check. Depends what country and stuff. Also if he has seen them, he by have they not leaked yet? 

2 minutes ago, fernandoleone932 said:

There is only one snapshot of store page in May, and it was at 4th (there is nothing new at this snapshot)
No snapshots of instructions page at all. So i assume guy is lying

Just now, Harren Tonderen said:

There is only one snapshot of store page in May, and it was at 4th (there is nothing new at this snapshot)
No snapshots of instructions page at all. So i assume guy is lying

Yeah it does not make any sense for the sets to have come out and Lego literally delete them for no reason….

Considering how big Lego is and how many people would be going onto the website on may 1st to see the other sets, I’m calling fake until a second separate person says the same thing. 

1 minute ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Considering how big Lego is and how many people would be going onto the website on may 1st to see the other sets, I’m calling fake until a second separate person says the same thing. 

Yeah, he is a lier….

Rewatching the trailer we got from Netflix a few days ago, at the end Lloyd does some sort of doinjitzu burst-esq move. He also has a gimmick set called spinjitzu cyclone, and the others have different names. What if each ninja, whilst separated, learned a new move unique to them? That could be cool. Give the team some variety.

26 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Rewatching the trailer we got from Netflix a few days ago, at the end Lloyd does some sort of doinjitzu burst-esq move. He also has a gimmick set called spinjitzu cyclone, and the others have different names. What if each ninja, whilst separated, learned a new move unique to them? That could be cool. Give the team some variety.

I think thay changed the set named to spinjitzu spin, kinda generic

1 minute ago, Fire-Ninja said:

I think thay changed the set named to spinjitzu spin, kinda generic

Wasn't that more of mistranslation rather than name change

Just now, Harren Tonderen said:

Wasn't that more of mistranslation rather than name change

Guys do you think we will see the set images on Monday ??

22 minutes ago, fernandoleone932 said:

Guys do you think we will see the set images on Monday ??

Don't really want to guess at this point, unless unofficial leak happens

8 minutes ago, Harren Tonderen said:

Don't really want to guess at this point, unless unofficial leak happens

Yeah. We keep asking when? And it never happens. “Do you think we will see pictures on Friday? Water day? Sunday?” Probably not. I’m not making any guesses now. 

16 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Yeah. We keep asking when? And it never happens. “Do you think we will see pictures on Friday? Water day? Sunday?” Probably not. I’m not making any guesses now. 

17 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Yeah, totally understandable , at this point Lego have losed all the fans hype on the sets… 

1 minute ago, fernandoleone932 said:

Yeah, totally understandable , at this point Lego have losed all the fans hype on the sets… 

I'm still kinda hyped to see dragon vs mech set, and to know if my theory is right: there is also cyclops/conical hat soldiers from trailer in sets (i looked again at team mechs set photo, if you compare 2 imperium villains you can see their headgear kinda doesn't match even if you take angle into account, and trailer hats seems in same cylindric shape)

1 minute ago, Harren Tonderen said:

I'm still kinda hyped to see dragon vs mech set, and to know if my theory is right: there is also cyclops/conical hat soldiers from trailer in sets (i looked again at team mechs set photo, if you compare 2 imperium villains you can see their headgear kinda doesn't match even if you take angle into account, and trailer hats seems in same cylindric shape)

The one with the sword is the same that comes in the baby dragon battle sets. So I don’t think the cyclops will appear, but that’s just my opinion.

8 minutes ago, fernandoleone932 said:

The one with the sword is the same that comes in the baby dragon battle sets. So I don’t think the cyclops will appear, but that’s just my opinion.

The one with the orange sword in the bottom left corner is Rapton. Also I feel like we are not focusing on the bigger issue here: they’re called “imperium claw soldiers” and not “rimperium claw soldiers”. 

2 minutes ago, fernandoleone932 said:

Another attempt to post photos here.. But this is what i've meant. Doubt they'll do other face for them, but i suggest that only headgear might will?
897d3417a3bfe8a1.png

1 minute ago, Harren Tonderen said:

Another attempt to post photos here.. But this is what i've meant. Doubt they'll do other face for them, but i suggest that only headgear might will?
897d3417a3bfe8a1.png

I can see that actually, the soldier on the left seems to have a staff as opposed to the sword, and we saw the round heads with staffs. My only question is how do the dragon cores play into the sets? Are they held in some sort of staff build like the golden one we see now? Or do they just kinda sit there like a football or something?

2 minutes ago, Harren Tonderen said:

897d3417a3bfe8a1.png

Yeah I looked at the image and it looks like the cyclops but there is a problem, the helmet lower part doesn’t exist in the show while in the sets it appears so I wonder if it was only for the sets or if this is another helmet different from the cyclops…

1 minute ago, a guy from somewhere said:

My only question is how do the dragon cores play into the sets? Are they held in some sort of staff build like the golden one we see now? Or do they just kinda sit there like a football or something?

would be great if they were inserted into dragon's chest, but only set with dragon they appear is heatwave one. So my guess is they just kinda exist and maybe on some special stand

3 minutes ago, fernandoleone932 said:

Yeah I looked at the image and it looks like the cyclops but there is a problem, the helmet lower part doesn’t exist in the show while in the sets it appears so I wonder if it was only for the sets or if this is another helmet different from the cyclops…

I think (and hope, I’ll explain after) that there’s actually 3 or 4 types of generic villain here. We have 1: Raz (from the magizine leak and from the show teaser clip, the all gold triceratops dudes) 2: the imperium claw general (black/PDG armour and helmet from the 4+ set and possibly the team mech set (on the right))and then 3: a black/pdg round head dude (figure on the left in the pictures) and then possibly 4: a gold variant that we have seen in the trailer and so far not seen in the few sets we have pictures for. 

Basically we have (possibly) 4 generic villains now, plus Rapton and Lord Ras and the Rempress. It’s really cool how we could have so many villains, we would be seeing so many exclusive figures (would definitely be putting the crystalized budget to good use) and it would be like having 1 or 2 exclusive figures in each set, but also this is just way to many figures, especially looking at the lists we currently have from promobricks. I just don’t feasibly see how we can get all of these figures in one wave. 

Another option is we are left with what I call a season 11 issue, where the preliminary sets were the designs implemented into the show and not the retail sets (see the rock cycle, the land bounty, the shuricopter) and it basically led to a split between the sets and show. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lego came up with the golden triceratops guys, (magazine leak) and they where implemented into the show, but then the set figures where changed last minute to a darker design. Obviously the evidence against this is that we know the black/PDG dude is a general, and the gold ones are called “Raz”. 

We just need more images and details now. 

Heads up, The goat is back! 
They have teased a heavily pixelated Sora bike set, looks like it comes with one of the villain glider vehicles which is great. Looks like we can re-enact the scene from the bridge. Also it seems to be an official product image, so we are getting close. He has the official images now, it’s only a matter of time. I wonder what event or reason they have for keeping them back for so long.

@Falconfan1414 are you able to offer any insight or is it something the inner leaking community doesn’t want getting out there too early? Or is this a complete blackout situation where no one knows anything?

what i noticed so far that this wave using loopholes a lot. Designers have limited amount of new parts per wave, right
Notice that they reused entire Rapton's body for imperium claw general, and everyone is using same armor piece (pearl gold for 3 figures - Ras, Raz, Rempress, and black for another 3 - Rapton who comes in set very often, Rimperium Claw General and Roundhead). Rempress does not have any "new" molds if she appears same as in show, her hair is used in Lego city already at the same time
I believe this opens up more space for stuff like new conical hats and maybe other pieces