Sign in to follow this  
CrappyMocMaker

[M4-22 - 12x12 Vignette] Death Star Firing Chamber

This one's good I swear:

52120759615_1a117a1203_w.jpg

You can't see it too clearly, but I put a red axle inside the superlaser beam.

52111553620_2a6c7a0902_w.jpg

Here's the view without the laser or the personnel. I didn't make a formal stand, it's just the floor. The superlaser chamber has some greebling on it.

52111434710_00b7891b84_w.jpg

And on the back, I included some random pipes, and just for fun, a catwalk with a minikit on it. You can also see more clearly how I made the door frame.

Originally I wanted to include the full firing chamber, but that didn't pan out because of the 12x12 space. So, I had to cut off half of the cylinder, which I actually came to like because it exposed the greebling inside more clearly. The doorway was a nightmare to construct because I needed it to be as thin as possible to make room for the computer bank. If you want to see more details or techniques on how this was made, you can check out the Mecabricks link here (you don't need to download anything, just click on the link):

https://www.mecabricks.com/en/models/oK2wmmxDv9k

Lastly, here's the main reference shot:

ANH84492sm.jpg

So my first thought was "eh, that looks fine I guess", but you tricked me. My next thought was that it looks waaaay to big to be 12x12, but it is! The way you built it makes it look really sizable despite still fitting that constraint. And then you get into all the details like the lighting panels and the minikit...this is better than the one I'll be posting today!

Thanks! Sizing this was a pain (it actually is outside the 12x12 bounds but because the base is cut off MkJoshA said it was fine) and I'm glad it turned out well in the end! I look forward to seeing your vignette!