recklessGlitch

[MOC] Life size Ghostbusters PKE meter (1984/1989/Afterlife)

1250x1000.jpg
full life scale
PKE-meter
(psychokinetic energy meter)
from Ghostbusters

Building Instructions on rebrickable:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-97668

My version of the psychokinetic energy meter as it apeared in
Ghostbusters I (1984),
Ghostbusters II (1989) and
Ghostbusters Afterlife (aka Legacy, 2020/2021)
Yup it's that strange detector, that Phoebe finds.
PKEMeterAfterlife19.jpg from ghostbusters wiki

Next to the Proton Packs and the Ghost Traps this is probably the most iconic of Ray's and Egon's devices from Ghostbusters
(I don't count Ecto and the Condamnent Unit). I have been making a lot of MOCs lately including some motorized 76204 Batman Tumbler. And as a kid I was such a Ghostbusters nerd that I just have to MOC some of their equipment. I started with the PKE because it's the smallest. Maybe I will do the ghost trap next (maybe even the new RTV).

Feature
The wings (antennas or whatever they may be) can be flipped out by pulling a small lever at the back. I was done with the handheld scanner and proudly presented it to my wife. Her very first question: "Is there some mechanic to flip out the antennas?" so I had to figure out a way, which was quite complicated because this build is so weired already with studs going in every direction, and the inside looking like knitted rather than plugged. Anyway I found a stable solution. You have to build very carefully and make sure, no bricks are twisted but then it works.
pke_meter_LEGO_MOC_ghostbusters_Afterlif

I dont yet have all the parts but I did build a test prototype (look at the left half and ignore the colours) to make sure it works while developing the instructions in bricklink studio.

LED-light-ready:

I developed this, keeping in mind the option to add those tiny LED lights.
So I left some spaces behind the clear bricks, for you to be able to add LEDS, and there is a 15% dicount for gameofbricks.eu as usual.

AND have a look at my
Invisible 10274 Ecto-1 Motorization
(Ghostbusters 3 Legacy / Afterlife)
ecto-ebay03_exp.gif

Edited by recklessGlitch