Sign in to follow this  
MSY-MSP

Hello! My name is

Hi All,

I recently decided to come out of the lurking mode and formally start posting on this board.  As a child I always into my Lego, and thank god still have my original sets and instructions think yellow castle.  I have gotten into and out of Lego several times over the years.  It usually was because other things started taking over.  About 7 years ago when I had my first child I got back into Lego again, and my bank account hates me for it.  

I spend a good deal of time helping my girls build their sets.  They are 7 and 5 and absolutely love their Lego, but sometimes when i see their play area it looks like a minidoll massacre occurred there.  It is fun to see them grow with the sets and now are really starting to come up with their own ideas.

In the real world I have an engineering degree and a law degree and use them to write patent applications for a large company.  And if you are curious about the screen name it tells the story of my move when i first started practicing law.

I look forward to learning a lot here and to share some of my creations when I finally get them to where i am happy with them.   

On 1/26/2021 at 11:19 PM, MSY-MSP said:

They are 7 and 5 and absolutely love their Lego, but sometimes when i see their play area it looks like a minidoll massacre occurred there.

I can totally relate to this, I have two boys age 7 and 5, and somehow what they like to do most is take their minifigs apart... (well, I guess it is part of their ninjago-play-stories, what else should you use all those blades for, eh?)

Anyways, a bit late maybe, but welcome to EB!

A little piece of advice: share your creations when you are not totally satisfied as well, and kindly ask for tips to improve. It will rocket-boost your learning curve when you can tap into all the knowledge here in the forum. Don't let yourself be discouraged by being a newbie, we have all been there...

Enjoy and happy building!