Bob

Pirates Mafia III - Day Seven

Well fuck. You’ve got me. Well played town. I’m pissed that recruitment didn’t go through. 

*I wish I was a pirate shipwreck down in Mexico where the oceans turn to silver and the beaches turn to gold :pir-sing: I’d make love to some senorita in that town I’d get on my boat and I’d sail the ocean round.

:pir-sing: I wish I was a pirate out there under my own flag running for no reason and no reason to run back. The salt and rum on my tongue, sails tattered and torn laughing in the devil’s face, riding out the storm.

Ooh, one of these days Gonna get off this highway wake up in Sun Bay with the sunshine on my face Saint Christopher on a silver chain say a prayer and sail away

I wish I was a pirate on some gold ship in the night with nothing but the stars, the moon and faith to be my guide steady as she goe with my back to the wind let a cloud of cannon smoke disappear again :pir-sing:*

Since I’m technically in charge of the firing squad I command you not to shoot me. I name Fred as my successor. He’ll inherit my position. 

15 minutes ago, Trenton Monette said:

Well fuck. You’ve got me. Well played town. I’m pissed that recruitment didn’t go through. 

Since I’m technically in charge of the firing squad I command you not to shoot me. I name Fred as my successor. He’ll inherit my position. 

*Fwom fwom*

I have a WIFOM hangover now. You should've spelled "Fred" acrostically, and I would've found it!! Also,

On 5/5/2020 at 11:40 AM, Bob said:

4) There are no recruits or any action similar in this game.

So, you're recruitment didn't work because you don't have one, so you can only be pissed at your imagination. Another good effort, though. :thumbup: 

20 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

And so now do we start discussing tomorrow's lynch plans? I know Trenton can't be the killer since I blocked him last night, so our night-kill analysis should be unaffected by his lynch here. 

If you were on board with the idea of Peter being the killer and Fred lying about blocking him, what do you think of the idea of Trenton being the killer and you lying about blocking him? Should we plan on lynching you?

1 hour ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Vincent, I was re-reading your scenarios from the start of the day. You're right, that the scum not having a blocker is odd. You left off one big possibility though - Joshua as scum blocker. That could be why we've seen so few successful scum kills. They lost their blocker early on and so have been "defenseless" against our blocks/tracks/jails/protects. The may also have skipped some nights due to the risk of being tracked. I assume we had an investigator of some sort that we lost in the early days as well (which has hamstrung us to a significant extent), and they likely lost a role too (hurting their ability to kill). 

That's part of the reason I generally trust Emmett - the odds of the town losing ALL our investigative ability in the first couple nights is just super low. We don't know the roles of Michael, Remi, and Jean. But the odds of those 3 being all our investigative abilities - in a game where we seem to have 3 blockers - is just too low.

Suggesting that the Scum would lose their blocker if it was Joshua is interesting. Typically, Scum get to swap their roles around if one dies. Why would they discard blocker if they had this choice? However, if Joshua was the blocker and they lost their ability to block with him, who killed last night, Andrew? Emmett? Because he's the only one left. I'm a neutral bulletproof Survivor and unless Aiden is bussing his Scum-buddy, then only Emmett could be the killer. Does he know that Aiden targeted nobody because the claim of Governor must be true if Emmett's Scum? They can't be all three be working together unless Aiden decided to go rogue and bus Trenton. Why would Aiden do this if there are 3 Scum and they need just one mislynch to win. Yes, it's possible Emmett is the killer, but to suggest that the Scum don't have a blocker currently, kind of means you should've reached that conclusion on your own. But you don't. You re-iterate that you trust Emmett. So if you trust Emmett and you blocked Jean, then you set up tomorrow's lynch for us. Who is the Scum if you actually blocked Trenton last night?

This game has turned into the ultimate WIFOM, which blocker is lying?

Scenario 1

Andrew and Trenton are Scum—Andrew works his way into the Town block by blocking who he says he's going to. He knows the block targets since Night Three, so he could've orchestrated it so there was no kill on a night where 3 Not-Scums were being blocked. He didn't block Trenton last night who was the killer all along and freed him up to take out Robin and they thought that would get them the win. ...And for some reason he talked to me all night about who the remaining Scum are. Why would he spend his time talking to a Neutral about who was Scum if he thought he had won? And if it's just two of them left it would be Town:Scum:Neutral, 3:2:1 today so why kill last night? Unless...

Scenario 2

Andrew, Emmett and Trenton are Scum—Same story as above with Emmett and Andrew working in the Town block. This it the third Scummo that made them think they had won last night. This would make sense why Andrew came up with the idea that there is no Scum blocker but still trusts Andrew. Unless...

Scenario 3

Fred, Peter and Trenton are Scum—They thought using their kill last night would get them the win. Fred knew the blocks since Night Three when we first saw no kill. That implicated three non-Scums as killer. If Peter is the killer, then there was no kill because he was blocked those two nights. This actually gave Fred the leeway to block Peter since they didn't want to kill anyway since it kept getting Townies lynched. Last night Peter killed Robin and Fred lied about the block. They thought they had the win, here we are today. Unless...

Scenario 4

Emmett and Trenton are Scum—I think the math here would be that the Scum can swap their Actions around. Emmett can track or kill. Trenton can track or kill. This seems dubious and I feel dumb even suggesting it. This is what Andrew seems to be suggesting if he wants to believe both blockers. Although, if Emmett knew the block plans and the blockers had him tracking blockers, he could guess they were going to target who they said they would, he would know that Trenton targeted nobody since they were choosing not to kill and he'd also know Aiden couldn't target anybody because his claim of Governor would have to be true in this scenario. I told him my tracking target from Night One, in thread. But then why decide to stop killing when there's only two of them? This scenario is super weak.

But this exercise, apologies that it's yet again a wall of text :pir-cry_sad:, I think proves that there must be three Scum left, including Trenton. Unless there's a Tristan out there that we just haven't heard of yet. Peter seems to think there is—

1 hour ago, Peter Lyon said:

I did that, with the caveat that I wanted to understand what Vincent and Aiden's reaction would be to the role sharing earlier in the game.  There's half a dozen different theories that went through my head with the PM's from Vincent and two of them were that he was working with Aiden and someone else or he was scum with Aiden.  Both were possibilities in my mind.

His whole case against me yesterday was that the blocks meant that I was the killer because no kill had happened.  But he didn't even consider Aiden as a possibility.

I was convinced you'd find a reason to convict anyone but yourself and Aiden.

Aiden wouldn't flip town if he's town because he'd have been telling the truth about the governor claim and saved himself.  If he was scum, you'd be the next logical option.

Looks like no one is going to be getting away with unlinked PM's in the future!

Nice catch, Aiden!

Hear hear.

Unvote: Aiden Leon

Vote: Trenton Monette

Vincent, on the sharing of PM's... I have nothing to hide.

Why are you bothering going on about how Aiden and I could be working together and then voting for the person Aiden caught as Scum in the same post? Your proposed lynching of Aiden and me, with Aiden un-lynching himself is somewhat silly. At least in that, you would lynch Aiden, he'd un-lynch himself, then not knowing what his alignment was, you'd lynch me next?

I don't even know anymore. :wall: I bought Trenton's story hook, line and sinker, so I'm really thankful we have Aiden's brain around to catch him. I didn't find Peter's responses to my gambit incredibly Scummy, but maybe someone else can pick up something I didn't, if there's anything even there. With the way this has gone, maybe he is the Psychologist. Peter, who did you try to target last night, by the way? Please say Robin.

What I thought was Scummy about the response, as light of pings as they are:

1. He didn't want to talk to me. As I said earlier, I'd have kept me talking for as long as possible. Again, maybe I underestimate people's desire to want to talk to me. :pir-blush: 

2. He totally believed I was Neutral. Again, totally convinced of it. I think the only way he can be so sure this is true is if he knows I have to reason to lie about.

3. Now that we know Trenton is Scum, the misspelling of Trenton as Tristan seems potentially forced. "I'm so not on the same team as this guy, I don't even know his name."

Peter, did you copy my PMs to anybody?

On 5/4/2020 at 11:43 AM, Vincent Denis said:

I have something that may help you if you are the killer, which I'm pretty sure you are. While I want to find the Scum because I don't know who they are, Bob made me neutral so I should play the game he set up. I have a one-shot ability to target someone and make their action strongarm. If we're not lynching people now and there's no kill, this fucking game is going to last forever, and I'm over it.

Want me to target you tonight? If you are the killer, it will break the block. If you're Town, well then my ass is getting lynched tomorrow. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

I still think you've known I was neutral since Day Two and I'm dying to find out how.

On 5/4/2020 at 2:23 PM, Peter Lyon said:

I'm not scum or the killer and I haven't known jack about you since Day 2.  I targeted exactly who I said I did.  Survivor is a neutral role.  The fact that you're trying to buddy up and help the scum... yeah that fits.

On 5/4/2020 at 2:25 PM, Vincent Denis said:

Then what happened to the Scum kill?

And who were you trying to target the past two nights? I asked you that twice and you never answered.

I double posted so I don't think he saw the second question at first, although 10 minutes had passed before he responded and I almost immediately posted the second question. 

On 5/4/2020 at 2:35 PM, Peter Lyon said:

You tell me... you seem to know everything.

On 5/4/2020 at 2:46 PM, Vincent Denis said:

I know jack shit! I think that's been proving. Why don't you want to say who you targeted? See why I think you're the killer?

*been proven.

On 5/4/2020 at 3:14 PM, Peter Lyon said:

I tried to target Tristan both nights.  I could say anything and it wouldn't change a thing about your opinion because you have no way of knowing if I'm telling the truth or not and have already made up your mind because you think I knew you were neutral.  You come in here and try to start a conversation to take out town and I'm town... you think that's going to sit well?

I really don't have anything else to say to you.  I'm out.

On 5/4/2020 at 3:18 PM, Vincent Denis said:

You did say anything. You said Tristan which isn't a person in this game.

Well, hey, I'm neutral. I don't really want to help the Scum. I don't care who wins as long as I'm not lynched. I'm not going to risk asking everybody in the game the same question. Would you want to strongarm psychologist someone? Is there anyone likely to be cleared or condemned by successfully using your action? Lynch a scum, help a scum, just two sides of a coin for me.

Don't be mean! :pir-cry_sad: I wrote you a beautiful acrostic poem and you don't want to talk to me? I'm fun to talk to. Are you a Cubs fan? I'm not. I prefer the White Sox. 

On 5/5/2020 at 12:11 AM, Peter Lyon said:

Sorry, I meant Trenton.

Not trying to be mean... just don't really feel like you're trying to help us if you're hunting for a scum partner.  You can't play both sides and think I'm going to be ok with that.

On 5/5/2020 at 1:54 AM, Vincent Denis said:

Seems like you have a lot of pent-up neutral hatred. I was born this way, OK?

Do you want to be a strongarm psychologist or not?

Trenton being Scum makes me suspect Andrew, but if that's the case Andrew certainly put his hours in as he spoke with me all night via PM about who the remaining Scum could be. Maybe Peter didn't want to talk, as Andrew suggested via PM, because he thought the game was over and didn't want to bother. That thought makes me lean more towards Fred and Peter. Why would they break the block gambit unless they thought 3:3:1 would get them the win? Perhaps they thought parity meant Town=Scum, who cares about the neutral? And Bob had been thinking parity meant 2:3:1. :pir_wacko:

Is anyone even reading all of this? :pir-blush:

*Fwomma fwom, fwomma fwom* :pir-sing: Take time to make time, make time to be there! *Fwom fwomma fwooooooooom, fwomma fwom*

Vote Count:
Trenton Monette - 6 (Vincent Denis, AIden Leon, Emmett Ware, Peter Lyon, Andrew Laurent, Fred Dumont)

With 7 players, a majority of 4 is required to lynch. 43 hours or so remain in this day.

13 minutes ago, Aiden Leon said:

What if Andrew and Fred block each other, and Emmet and Peter target each other?

Um...dead Tracker? Just hazarding a guess. 

*Fwom*

Just now, Bob said:

Vote Count:
Trenton Monette - 6 (Vincent Denis, AIden Leon, Emmett Ware, Peter Lyon, Andrew Laurent, Fred Dumont)
Aiden Leon - 1 (Peter Lyon)

With 7 players, a majority of 4 is required to lynch. 43 hours or so remain in this day.

Do all players with sexy beards get two votes?

*Fwomma fwom*

If Fred is Town he should block Emmett. If Andrew is Town he should block Peter.

Right? :pir-look:

*Fwomma fwomma fwom*

Just now, Vincent Denis said:

Do all players with sexy beards get two votes?

What do you mean?

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

Vote Count:

The post has always looked like this. You must have misread it or something.

13 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

If Fred is Town he should block Emmett. If Andrew is Town he should block Peter.

And Emmet should track Fred. 

Just now, Aiden Leon said:

And Emmet should track Fred. 

Right. So if Emmett is dead, then Fred and Peter are Scum and if Fred is dead then Emmett and Andrew are Scum.

Unless, they decide to kill you to throw the rest of us off, leaving me in the worst fucking position possible. :pir-cry_sad: I'd win either way, but then I'd feel bad about the win if I picked the wrong team. 

Unless, they decide to kill you to throw the rest of us off

This is a high probability if scum choose to kill and are successful. Robin how bout doing me a solid and- Oh wait... Nevermind.

This is a high probability if scum choose to kill and are successful. Robin how bout doing me a solid and- Oh wait... Nevermind.

Robin told me I was the only person he told that he was a Seraph Knight, but Andrew guessed it, either in thread or in a PM with me. So, if he thought that, and Robin said he'd protected Emmett twice in a row, Scum team Andrew/Emmett wouldn't have killed Robin, I don't think. Robin said he was in contact with Emmett but hadn't shared his role with him. This makes me think Emmett knew he was being protected, though I'm not sure. Emmett wouldn't kill Robin if he was being protected by him...and I just deleted three paragraphs of what-ifs to make this post readable.

*Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwomma fwom fwom*

3 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

Right. So if Emmett is dead, then Fred and Peter are Scum and if Fred is dead then Emmett and Andrew are Scum.

That's assuming we still have two more scum after Trenton.

How do we set it up to create the most traps to discourage killing and maybe catch scum if they do kill. 

I'm a little pissed that I didn't think to wait to see who Trenton was going to vote for.

3 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

Robin told me I was the only person he told that he was a Seraph Knight, but Andrew guessed it, either in thread or in a PM with me. So, if he thought that, and Robin said he'd protected Emmett twice in a row, Scum team Andrew/Emmett wouldn't have killed Robin, I don't think. Robin said he was in contact with Emmett but hadn't shared his role with him. This makes me think Emmett knew he was being protected, though I'm not sure. Emmett wouldn't kill Robin if he was being protected by him...and I just deleted three paragraphs of what-ifs to make this post readable.

*Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwomma fwom fwom*

WTF dude? I never guessed he was a seraph knight. I had to google that when you posted it. He'd said at some point that his protection ability was limited, which I was assuming was either x-shot or alternating nights. I think I mentioned THAT to you, but it never crossed my mind that he was fixed to a single protectee as a seraph knight. Here, I even went and found what he'd claimed way back on day 3:

On 4/17/2020 at 10:26 PM, Robin Tremblay said:

What do you want to know? I’m a knight, I protect my target.

On 4/17/2020 at 11:04 PM, Robin Tremblay said:

My protecting ability is limited and I don’t want to waste it. I didn’t target anyone on N1. On N2 i wanted to protect Vincent because I didn’t trust you, and since you and Vincent argued a lot yesterday I thought he would be targeted.

Again, my vote on you was because you were annoying and creating a toxic environment, which is something that benefits scum. After you claimed it seemed plausible that you were town, but I still didn’t trust you. So why would I want to reach out to you? You didn’t reach out to me either. Your behavior D1, D2 was insane. Based on what I know now, I would describe you as Chaotic Town.

He used the title knight, but I honestly never looked into details on what his role could be. Yeah, I probably should have, but I didn't. 

That's assuming we still have two more scum after Trenton.

How do we set it up to create the most traps to discourage killing and maybe catch scum if they do kill. 

I can't see it not being 3, including Trenton, because they chose to kill last night. They're giving up the lie. One of the blockers has to be lying. Unless there's a way that Emmett and Peter are the remaining Scum. The only way to discourage killing tonight is to block Peter and Emmett. Where does that leave us? Right here. Without Trenton. 

However, if we can get Andrew to agree to block Peter and Fred to agree to block Emmett, then there should be no kill tomorrow. 

OK, here are some what-ifs:

Peter/Fred Scum Team

If Andrew gets blocked and Peter kills then we'll know because Andrew will tell us he was unsuccessful. So they'd have to kill Andrew. If they choose to kill Emmett, Fred can't pretend to have been blocked unless he wants to say that Emmett killed himself or Peter did it. If they kill you, Andrew is here to say he was unsuccessful and Emmett will confirm he wasn't blocked, and he'd have been tracking Peter and will know if Peter killed you. 

Andrew/Emmett Scum Team

If Fred gets blocked and Emmett kills then we'll know because Fred will tell us he was unsuccessful. So they'd have to kill Fred. If they choose to kill you, that would be the Hell situation for me where I have to choose which team to go with. But considering what I said above about who Peter and Fred would have to kill, your death would implicate Andrew and Emmett. 

Wait, now I'm really hurting my brain. If Scum Emmett kills Aiden, I just basically told them how to pin it on Peter/Fred. Didn't I? I need a break. My brain just broke.

*Fwom:

Just now, Andrew Laurent said:

WTF dude? I never guessed he was a seraph knight.

Oh, I thought it was you. I'm sorry. My point about you guessing it is that it makes you likely town. So WTF your face! :pir-angry:

*Fwoom*

1 hour ago, Vincent Denis said:

*snip*

If you were on board with the idea of Peter being the killer and Fred lying about blocking him, what do you think of the idea of Trenton being the killer and you lying about blocking him? Should we plan on lynching you?

Suggesting that the Scum would lose their blocker if it was Joshua is interesting. Typically, Scum get to swap their roles around if one dies. Why would they discard blocker if they had this choice? However, if Joshua was the blocker and they lost their ability to block with him, who killed last night, Andrew? Emmett? Because he's the only one left. I'm a neutral bulletproof Survivor and unless Aiden is bussing his Scum-buddy, then only Emmett could be the killer. Does he know that Aiden targeted nobody because the claim of Governor must be true if Emmett's Scum? They can't be all three be working together unless Aiden decided to go rogue and bus Trenton. Why would Aiden do this if there are 3 Scum and they need just one mislynch to win. Yes, it's possible Emmett is the killer, but to suggest that the Scum don't have a blocker currently, kind of means you should've reached that conclusion on your own. But you don't. You re-iterate that you trust Emmett. So if you trust Emmett and you blocked Jean, then you set up tomorrow's lynch for us. Who is the Scum if you actually blocked Trenton last night?

You wall of text has so many places you put the wrong name I'm confused trying to follow it. But there's a couple key comments I need to make. 

Obviously, I have no way to prove to you that I'm legit and I successfully blocked Trenton last night. I know it's true, and therefore, he's scum, but he's not the killer. From your perspective, yep, you've gotta decide whether you believe me or not.

You say that scum can swap roles around. But assuming they ALL had roles (since apparently everyone but Alex in the town does) then why would they get to trade anything other than the kill? When I've been scum before, I don't remember being allowed to choose which non-kill abilities we kept. The only time I remember non-kill roles moving around was when someone died and we had a goon available to inherit the ability. Or maybe Joshua was the killer and they had to choose a role to sacrifice to keep the kill ability, and they gave up blocker because they had better roles to keep. I don't know. I'm not in the scum PM group. 

Just now, Andrew Laurent said:

Or maybe Joshua was the killer and they had to choose a role to sacrifice to keep the kill ability, and they gave up blocker because they had better roles to keep. I don't know. I'm not in the scum PM group. 

If they gave up blocker, then who is the killer, Andrew???

*Fwooooom*

However, if we can get Andrew to agree to block Peter and Fred to agree to block Emmett, then there should be no kill tomorrow. 

Sure, I'll block Peter tonight. Seems like a good test to me. 

On 4/28/2020 at 12:51 PM, Andrew Laurent said:

A seraph knight (once he picks a target, he protects that person for the rest of the game until he's killed himself)? Does it even matter? Not really... 

Oh no! Andrew has an impostor!! :pir-oh:

*Fwooooooooooooom*

Before you freak out, I'm leaning heavily Town on you.

8 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

WTF dude? I never guessed he was a seraph knight. I had to google that when you posted it.

On 4/28/2020 at 12:51 PM, Andrew Laurent said:

A seraph knight (once he picks a target, he protects that person for the rest of the game until he's killed himself)? Does it even matter? Not really... 

You need some sleep, dude. I'll play you a lullaby:

17 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Sure, I'll block Peter tonight. Seems like a good test to me. 

Uuuuuuuum...this response is a little lackluster. I'm not asking that everyone post walls of text like me, but after what I laid out, your response is "Sure," ??

If you're looking at the game from a perspective that both blockers are Town, which you have said repeatedly today that you think it's possible the Scum don't have a blocker, who would be the killer in that scenario? I think it's really important that you explore that, because I can't come up with a killer outside of me, Aiden or Emmett, and I'd imagine if Emmett is a killer, he's your scum-buddy. You think both blockers and Emmett are Town. So, is Trenton the last Scum? How'd Robin die then?

*Fwomma*

1 hour ago, Vincent Denis said:

Hey @Bob , hypothetically, would 3:3:1 be parity?

No. The scum would not outright outnumber due to a hypothetical neutral.