Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Dumbledore hair in the same color as Draco would be nice ;)

That is going to look so good. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

My (metaphorical) money's on the new torso being the photographer from Flourish and Blotts, he was a fairly memorable part of Lockhart's first scene. Plus the stripes and tie match.

So, so far we have: Harry, Florean Fortesque and the photographer.

I'm guessing we'll have these characters:

- Hagrid (to go with Harry)

- Olivander (basically necessary)

- Gilderoy Lockhart (essential)

- Hermione and Ron (obviously)

- Fred and George (as we're getting Weasley Wizard Wheezes)

- Rita Skeeter (personal hope instead of a generic Daily Profit Wizard)

- Tom the innkeeper (hunchback version from PoA probably low likely than PS)

- Lucius and/or Draco (would be a nice inclusion)

- And probably one or two more generic wizards (for Scribbulus Writing Supplies)

My money’s on Ginny being in there too, potentially the Weasley patents as well. 
 

Personally, I’m a bit so-so on the theory of getting Rita Skeeter in Diagon Alley. On one hand, she never appeared there in the books or movies, the only reason people are putting her out there as a possibility is to have someone linked with the Daily Prophet offices in the set (which the photographer from the F&B book signing would count as). On the other hand, Rita has a very fun and colorful character design and doesn’t need any new molds, plus her quick quotes quill would be the perfect excuse to do that mold in new colors for Scribbulus. 
 

Not sure if we’ll get any ‘generic’ wizards either. They’re giving us Fortescue after all, who’s super obscure but still a specific character who’s important to one of the included shops. It wouldn’t surprise me if we got other characters like that, who could be called background characters but actually have specific identities that make them significant to the setting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, turns out I got the page wrong.

7 hours ago, josh_a_123 said:

i’m gonna say we get DA pictures at page 567

I'm counting on you now, boy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to put it out there that I predicted August 18th reveal a couple months ago, so tomorrow’s the big day :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, m0repotter said:

Not sure if this info has already been stated but I called Barnes & Noble today, they’re expecting Sept 1 launch for CMF2 (and they confirmed to me it was originally supposed to come August 1 but was pushed back, I’m assuming due to distribution problems). Also (not that it matters at all anymore lol) but LEGO store confirmed to me today they’re finally getting the new HP sets a week from today, August 24th!

Sweet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upon second thought I think the torso has got to be from the photographer. It's not completely accurate but he wears the closest thing to the torso. I assume mini legogo just didn't had the other parts as he posted the other characters fully.

4 hours ago, LetaLestrange said:

P.S. I watched Crimes of Grindelwald yesterday, after avoiding it because of the negative reviews. And oh my God I simply adored it! I love this franchise, and I really hope there will be no problems making the remaining films (because of the virus and the backlash against JK, and some of the actors' bad behaviour). I loved how the cast was very diverse racially, and how they didn't shy away from Dumbledore and Grindelwald's relationship (even if it was done in an understated way) - even though I want to see more of it! Leta is up there with Hermione in my favourite characters list, now. I would loooove new sets and minifgures based on this series. And some baby nifflers! :innocent2:

I agree, the movie was pretty fun to watch. Although I prefer the first one. We definitely need more sets. Preferably the circus and French graveyard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

So, so far we have: Harry, Florean Fortesque and the photographer.

I'm guessing we'll have these characters: [...]

Add Ginny, Arthur, and Molly to that list and we‘re good to go :laugh:

34 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

[...] personal hope instead of a generic Daily Profit Wizard

I see what you did there :grin: I‘ll do you one better: the Faily Profit!

Btw, has the possibility of multiple versions of some characters being included been debunked by someone reliable? I know someone said so, but I can‘t remember who it was. Having PS Harry in the same set as WWW is going to be a weird sight if so :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With what is currently known, my assumptions for the minifigure lineup is now:

Harry Potter (PS) (confirmed)

Florean Fortescue (COS) (confirmed)

Daily Prophet Photographer/Bozo (COS) (essentially confirmed)

Garrick Ollivander (PS) can just be a repeat

Rubeus Hagrid (PS) can just be a repeat

Ron Weasley (COS)

Hermione Granger (COS)

Ginny Weasley (COS)

Arthur Weasley (COS)

Molly Weasley (COS)

Percy Weasley (COS)

Fred Weasley (HBP)

George Weasley (HBP)

Lucius Malfoy (COS)

Draco Malfoy (COS)

Gilderoy Lockhart (COS)

Rita Skeeter (GOF)

I don't think Tom or any goblins will be included, as they seem too specifically tied to locations that are not included in the set.  Dedalus Diggle and Doris Crockford seem like plausible characters to include as additional shoppers though.  A Quidditch mannequin or two could be included in Quality Quidditch Supplies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Well, turns out I got the page wrong.

I'm counting on you now, boy.

i hope my prediction is right now😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SupesBatsy said:

Chances LEGO releases a set of random wizards to populate the set? 🤔

Like an accessory pack? Hard to say. I don’t think it would have quite the popularity of the student pack, but it might pull in some generic fantasy fans. They didn’t even have the guts to give us someone other than Harry and Draco for the Gryffindor and Slytherin in the student pack though, so I’m not optimistic about ever getting a pack with no named characters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SupesBatsy said:

Chances LEGO releases a set of random wizards to populate the set? 🤔

Pretty much zero, They are already including ones that to most people are random in the set itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A perfect accessory for a CMF would be Hagrid's "Happee Birthdae Harry" cake. It's a shame no appropriate characters would fit in a CMF (except PJ, pig-tails Dudley, which would be a waste IMO). Maybe we could get it in an advent calendar. 

Speaking of Dudders, I'd love an older Dudley figure at some point. Vernon and Petunia stay the same, but OOtP/DH Dudley is completely different to PS/CoS Dudley in terms of minifigure designs. It's a shame they cut out Dudley's transformation into a bodybuilder in the films, but I guess that was because of the actor. 

Edited by LetaLestrange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Modal said:

Just wanted to put it out there that I predicted August 18th reveal a couple months ago, so tomorrow’s the big day :laugh:

I'm still putting my money on friday the 21st. I think we would've gotten some announcement if it were today/tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Maybe the reason they’re not giving us any info is because they made some last minute changes of Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands to Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Guns:laugh_hard:

Saw this last week, I was literally crying of laughter. I can't believe they did the entire movie, not just the trailer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I'm still putting my money on friday the 21st. I think we would've gotten some announcement if it were today/tomorrow.

Oh for the full reveal yea. I include an event announcement or teaser as well - anything that gives us proof this thing exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

My money’s on Ginny being in there too, potentially the Weasley patents as well. 
 

Personally, I’m a bit so-so on the theory of getting Rita Skeeter in Diagon Alley. On one hand, she never appeared there in the books or movies, the only reason people are putting her out there as a possibility is to have someone linked with the Daily Prophet offices in the set (which the photographer from the F&B book signing would count as). On the other hand, Rita has a very fun and colorful character design and doesn’t need any new molds, plus her quick quotes quill would be the perfect excuse to do that mold in new colors for Scribbulus. 
 

Not sure if we’ll get any ‘generic’ wizards either. They’re giving us Fortescue after all, who’s super obscure but still a specific character who’s important to one of the included shops. It wouldn’t surprise me if we got other characters like that, who could be called background characters but actually have specific identities that make them significant to the setting. 

Ginny would be good too (as she is given Tom Riddle's diary in Flourish and Blotts.

I think Rita Skeeter should be in it, as I honestly can't remember if the DP offices are in the books or films. Scribbulus is another place I don't recall being originally in the books/films.

I think that's my pet peeve about the set is how it's basing it more off of the Orlando studios rather than solely film/book details. Florean Fortescue's okay but his inclusion in the film is basically non existant.

I think it'd prefer a shop like Eyelop's owl emporium (we do see it in PS), Madam Malkin's (as it does feature in the books quite a bit), the Magical Menagerie or even the Apothecary.

Idk, maybe I'm just too book focused. Well, I'm just glad we're getting Flourish and Blotts as I think it's a great location and it means we get Lockhart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The books from CMF series 2 (Riddle's Diary and HBP's Potion Book) are some of the nicest I've seen from Lego in any theme. I love the different handwriting in the diary and the "sectumsempra" scrawled in the potion book. 

In the future I would like Dumbledore's Beedle the Bard, and a signed copy of Magical Me by Gilderoy Lockhart (I think there is a very strong possibility this will show up in DA). 

 

Edited by gza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Dumbledore hair in the same color as Draco would be nice ;)

I hope they will include at least 15 figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gza said:

The books from CMF series 2 (Riddle's Diary and HBP's Potion Book) are some of the nicest I've seen from Lego in any theme. I love the different handwriting in the diary and the "sectumsempra" scrawled in the potion book. 

In the future I would like Dumbledore's Beedle the Bard, and a signed copy of Magical Me by Gilderoy Lockhart (I think there is a very strong possibility this will show up in DA). 

 

Yeah, I already love the diary that came with Dobby in series 1, and I'm glad we're now getting the in tact version with writing on the page.

The advanced potions book is great too. But odd how there's a brown version in the Astronomy Tower set though. Love the attention to detail with the Sectumsempra too.

Oh yes. Great suggestion. It should definitely have a 1x2 tile with a bit of three brothers story on it/illustration of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Maybe the reason they’re not giving us any info is because they made some last minute changes of Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands to Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Guns:laugh_hard:

That's bloody brilliant! Can't decide if the best part is Quirrell being a drama queen (resolving the plot himself BTW) or Hermione casually murdering Neville and oh-so nonchalantly spinning her gun :roflmao:

37 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I think Rita Skeeter should be in it, as I honestly can't remember if the DP offices are in the books or films. Scribbulus is another place I don't recall being originally in the books/films.

The very first second in this clip, there's a DP sign. As for Scribbulus, maybe it's not onscreen in the final edit, but I'm sure it's been built as part of the movie set. Its existence in WB studio tour and Universl Orlando didn't come from nowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

The very first second in this clip, there's a DP sign. As for Scribbulus, maybe it's not onscreen in the final edit, but I'm sure it's been built as part of the movie set. Its existence in WB studio tour and Universl Orlando didn't come from nowhere

Adding to this, Scribulus is mentioned in the first two books. As for Florean, I think it's a great choice. Not a huge role but mentioned in a bunch of the books still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, gza said:

The books from CMF series 2 (Riddle's Diary and HBP's Potion Book) are some of the nicest I've seen from Lego in any theme. I love the different handwriting in the diary and the "sectumsempra" scrawled in the potion book. 

In the future I would like Dumbledore's Beedle the Bard, and a signed copy of Magical Me by Gilderoy Lockhart (I think there is a very strong possibility this will show up in DA). 

 

Hard to say if it will be signed but it looks like there are two Magical Me stickers the right size to be book covers in the leaked C sheet. 
 

And it would be so cool to get a copy of Beedle the Bard, as either a future CMF accessory or next year if they do a set based off the tent. MinaLima actually did illustrations for the stories that never made it into the movies, so there’d even be something cool to put inside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.