Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

So Kingnono said you will need around 960 € for this wave including the Magical Treasury.

So Privet Drive = 70 €

The Burrow = 100 €

Astronomy Tower = 100 €

Forbidden Forest = 30 €

Room Of Requirement = 20 €

Hedwig = 40 €

CMF = 80 €

Advent Calendar = 30 €

2 x Brickheadz = 40 €?

Polybag = 5 €

Magical Treasury Book = 20 €

Diagon Alley = 400 €

So that to me means that the unknown set must cost 25 € approx. Going on that, I'd say it must be a Ministry set.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

So that to me means that the unknown set must cost 25 € approx. Going on that, I'd say it must be a Ministry set.

That would be a lovely price point, not that I mind a larger set, but because it would really work as a small set and still look good.

Just now, Neminchio said:

Do you think they connect directly?

Absolutely! Great Hall, Whomping Willow, Clock Tower, Room of Requirement and Astronomy Tower all connect.

Edited by sammy_zammy

Do you think they connect directly?

The astronomy tower and room of requirement to the other castle sections? Definitely 

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

The astronomy tower and room of requirement to the other castle sections? Definitely 

Clock with Astronomy

Clock with Astronomy

That's what they were saying. All 5 Hogwarts sections connect.

Clock with Astronomy

Yeah for sure. Every part of Hogwarts can connect with each other. We've already seen the pins to do so on the pictures of the astronomy tower

Edit: ninja'd twice in a row xD

Edited by Huigberts Builds

I wonder why we don't have an explanatory drawing on boxart, as for the previous sets.  However, I'm curious to find out how they designed it

Just now, UKFan922 said:

Please leave your identity politics at the door, as you've already been told. It has no place in Lego. Anyone can like or respond to any post. And my post was NOT about being unwelcoming to anyone. It was about not putting people into boxes and insinuating they all exhibit group-think, or are different from others, based on immutable characteristics. If you look a little deeper, you'll see that that is the definition of prejudice.

Please look at the mods' posts. We don't want the thread locked.

I wonder why we don't have an explanatory drawing on boxart, as for the previous sets.  However, I'm curious to find out how they designed it

Hmm, that is interesting. Maybe because it's so large now?

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

So that to me means that the unknown set must cost 25 € approx. Going on that, I'd say it must be a Ministry set.

Ooh, it would probably come with just Voldy, Harry and Dumbledore? I wonder how Dumbledore would look since we already got that variant in the first CMF. I think all 3 figures are bound to look repetitive, unless we get Percy and/or Fudge as well. 

Been looking at the Astronomy Tower again. Is it just me or does the front of it look very... flat? Apart from the door at the bottom, it all seems very on-layer. Clock Tower was similar at the top but had lots of layering lower down. I feel it needs some more depth.

I'm not complaining or hating on it, just something nitpicky I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned.

Just now, Otherworld said:

Ooh, it would probably come with just Voldy, Harry and Dumbledore? I wonder how Dumbledore would look since we already got that variant in the first CMF. I think all 3 figures are bound to look repetitive, unless we get Percy and/or Fudge as well. 

Well the Rise of Voldermort set came with Voldy, Harry, Pettigrew and a Death Eater (not to mention baby Voldy) so I think a Ministry Battle set could easily include 4 minifigures too - I'd say Voldy, Harry, Dumbledore and going on Kingnono's hint maybe Fudge? 

24 minutes ago, Zedro said:

In relation to hedwig in my opinion I quite like how it ended up, I preferred a more static and vertical position which I could exhibit more pleasantly next to the books, but this one is also very well built in a unique way. In relation to this construction I would love to have a Niffler for the year (FB movie 2021) and eventually a Phoenix who knows. What do you think?

Oh God, brilliant idea! I hope you're right. I would love a Niffler and Fawkes.

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

They could start from the most recent model, as they do with the Modulars Building

9 minutes ago, Neminchio said:

Clock with Astronomy

I get what you are saying and had the same thought earlier. Directly next to each other the clock tower and astronomy tower sets don't look right. Mainly because there is no lower wall at the right edge of the clock or the left edge of the astronomy.

A Photoshop from StoneWars had the whomping willow and clock tower swapped around and this looked okay. I don't know that it's ideal for Lego to require us to swap them around after previously saying they fit another way but I don't see a better solution. I don't believe there is any big castle set still to be revealed in this wave that would go in-between clock and astronomy though.

I must say, these sets are beautiful and make for the best wave so far in the reboot (in my opinion of course).  My favorite sets would probably have to be Private Drive ( I don't have the original but have nostalgia for it if that makes sense), the Room of Requirement ( which exemplifies just how good a $20 set can be with three exclusive figures, two  exclusive molds,  and references/features that really bring the set to life and make it feel whole even though there isn't much to it), and Umbridge's encounter ( Grawp is so much better then what I was expecting).    

This is a very unpopular opinion but the worst, to me even though it is a great set, is the Burrow.  I personally prefer the original because i feels classic, however I probably  will like it a lot more when I have it in hand.

Besides Ginny and Mrs. Weaselly, I think that all the minifigures in this wave are great.  While  I understand the complaints about some of the figures, I still find them to be above average especially when you compare them to the likes  of Marvel and DC figures. 

Speaking of figures  which characters have new face prints. In my list I have:

Reused:   

Harry (all sets), Ron (all sets), Slughorn, Draco,  Bellatrix, and Lavender

New:

Umbridge, Centaurs,  Greyback, Doby, the Training dummy, and Luna.

Do the rest have new heads?

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

I'm guessing it's because they probably won't have all of the modules on the market for much longer. The Whomping Willow probably won't be around during most of the AT's lifespan and they don't want kids buying it in a few years and seeing sets they can't get anymore. 

Just now, Zepthire said:

I get what you are saying and had the same thought earlier. Directly next to each other the clock tower and astronomy tower sets don't look right. Mainly because there is no lower wall at the right edge of the clock or the left edge of the astronomy.

A Photoshop from StoneWars had the whomping willow and clock tower swapped around and this looked okay. I don't know that it's ideal for Lego to require us to swap them around after previously saying they fit another way but I don't see a better solution. I don't believe there is any big castle set still to be revealed in this wave that would go in-between clock and astronomy though.

Can Room of Requirement not go in between?

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

I'm guessing it's because they probably won't have all of the modules on the market for much longer. The Whomping Willow probably won't be around during most of the AT's lifespan and they don't want kids buying it in a few years and seeing sets they can't get anymore. 

Ah yes of course

After reading OoTP I really want a Grimmauld Place. I know some people say it's boring, but it would still make a great set. I don't see how it would be anymore complicated than the Burrow. I made that Lego creator set  31097 the other day and I can see it being a similar sized build for about £75.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Can Room of Requirement not go in between?

Room of requirement is designed for both sides to be on the interior. It connects on the inside of the AT (there is an additional set of holes for pins on the right of the entrance hall facing inward.