The Reader

LEGO element/design number

Hello to everyone,

I have a question concerning the element/design number TLG uses for identifying their bricks. As I haven't found an answer on EB, I start this new topic.

On the LEGO homepage, bricks can be ordered on "Bricks & Pieces" by using their design number. It seems that 76382 is the design number of a lot of (or all [?]) torsos (by today 1,061 torso are shown under this design number but of which not all are currently available). So by using this number, many torsos appear which makes it easy to find the available ones and make a choice to order.

Is there a similar unique design number for legs, heads and hairpieces/hats? Unfortunately I haven't found one until now.

Thanks and regards,

The Reader

For torsos, also see 16360, 88585. I'm not aware of other parts with printing that are listed under one Design ID. If there's a particular torso you want, it's probably better to enter the Element ID. For legs, try 21019.

What's puzzling is when the same part is listed under multiple Design ID numbers. I don't know if maybe the type of plastic is different or if there's some other subtle difference.