Sign in to follow this  
Ross Fisher

[Factions Ep. 3] [Mimbanese - O12 - Mimban] [O12 - Mimban - Triumvirate] Mission to Mimban

*Your entry has earned 2 XP*

Well, it wasn't all going to be sunsets and cocktails, I knew that. Still, when the first job I got was a recce mission to Mimban, I wasn't exactly ecstatic. 
That mud-bowl has been hit as hard as anywhere by the Star Wars: The Mimbanese fought for the Republic against the Separatists and for the Rebellion against the Empire (and the exact same troops they fought alongside nine years earlier). That meant I couldn't really go around identifying myself as an officer of the Triumvirate.

Sinking my feet in the clay pretty much confirmed my fears. This entire world is a meat-grinder that could bog down a fledgling empire like the Triumvirate.

Mission to Mimban

The Mimbanese are borderline isolationists, and have absolutely no time to be part of anything bigger than themselves. Letting go of this planet after Jakku might have been one of our biggest mistakes.
There was still some hope, though. The Mimbanese weren't the only indigenous race. I didn't manage to gather much information about the "Greenies" during that mission, but I knew that they managed to stay out of the wars. Archive files regarded them as subversive. But, it seems likely that this attitude was formed in consultation with the Mimbanese. 

Mission to Mimban

My recommendations to the High Council were: 1) To avoid military invasions if at all possible; that planet consumes resources that could be better used elsewhere. 2) To consider empowering the "Greenies", who would likely be better-disposed towards an Imperial remnant than the Mimbanese.

Mission to Mimban

3) Hell, High Council should've considered just re-routing the Nanth'ri Route from Zalonis to Fabrin. Honestly, in the end it might've taken less time and effort, and fewer lives and credits than what actually happened. 

Edited by goatman461