Apart from analyzing BT protocols, I also do some modding. Sadly, the switches from LEGO are not the best geometry-wise, so I had to take THE  SAW and fix it.

Off the Beaten Track and Visiting the Neighbors

I'll have to do some more butchering for the crossover switches - I need to make a bunch of 8-long straight tracks to get the switches centered in the 64-stud module standard we use. If I use a 16-long track on one side, there is no space left for the motors that operates the switches. At least on one side.

And once I get my hands on a Batmobile (or two, or three) and some more PoweredUp! LEDs, the whole stuff will be integrated into the track&train control system I'm building for our layout.

Hi Christian,

greetings from Hamburg, Germany.

If you are in general ready to follow a Non-LEGO-purist’s path, why don’t you save time and effort and buy 3D-printed Switches from trixbrix.eu or 4Dbrix.com?

BR

Carsten

2 hours ago, CaL said:

If you are in general ready to follow a Non-LEGO-purist’s path, why don’t you save time and effort and buy 3D-printed Switches from trixbrix.eu or 4Dbrix.com?

What I've seen of 3d-printed parts looks way too bad with regards to the surface structure, IMHO.