Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, LDDproductions said:

I don’t mean to sound skeptical. You’re probanly telling the truth with all the stuff you’ve told us, also what was the build to supposed to be like? From how you describe it, it’s like the 2004 clocktower, but then instead the roof continues to a tower.

Oh, no no no, I respect skepticism, if people believed me outright then I’d think you were all sheep, haha, and it’s VERY similar, but the bottom portion isn’t open, that’s where the Yule Ball is set, I think that’ll stay because the guy I spoke to said that is one thing he doesn’t see changing, BUT they said the same thing about some things with the Great Hall last year that did change

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

You can't compare previous years' Toy Fairs to the TF's nowadays. A lot has happened since and they've changed a ton so bootleg companies have less time to steal their sets (so you can thank those scumbags for that)

That’s true. But I think Lego is now more concerned about knockoff figures since if you’re on Instagram, all knockoff stuff you’ll see is Marvel and Dc figs. Still you’re right,

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

You can't compare previous years' Toy Fairs to the TF's nowadays. A lot has happened since and they've changed a ton so bootleg companies have less time to steal their sets (so you can thank those scumbags for that)

Oh absolutely, this was my first year going (only just become a manager) but they asked for so much proof of where I worked plus the invitation to the company that I work for, I asked them why and they told me flat out, there are too many bootleggers out there

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Lego is made for customisation, but the issue is it’s all down to ability to build and modify, I could say “yes it’ll be so easy” but then it might not be to others, so I’ll say this, they didn’t look all that “built in”, but it was just a prelim build to get them out at Toy Fair, so they may change them upon release to be more sturdily built in

that is pretty fair :laugh: i'm not quite sure what i expected :sceptic:

Just now, notarealperson said:

that is pretty fair :laugh: i'm not quite sure what i expected :sceptic:

Haha, tbh, it looked fairly easy at the time, I reckon that even if they modify it a bit to make it more secure then it’ll be easy enough to remove

Maybe we can work together a bit on this, and I can try and make an edit of what the general set will look like?

iirc it looks like the outside of Gryffindor tower, but wider and taller with the tower point, and the internals have the Yule Ball on the bottom, there’s a dance floor with a stand for 2 minifigures so they can dance together, the second floor has (what I remember to be) a classroom, it has one brown brickbuilt chair (see the bench in the Hobbit unexpected journey set) and a portrait of someone (not sure who), it might actually be an office now that I think about it, but I’m not 100% sure

Haha, tbh, it looked fairly easy at the time, I reckon that even if they modify it a bit to make it more secure then it’ll be easy enough to remove

iirc it looks like the outside of Gryffindor tower, but wider and taller with the tower point, and the internals have the Yule Ball on the bottom, there’s a dance floor with a stand for 2 minifigures so they can dance together, the second floor has (what I remember to be) a classroom, it has one brown brickbuilt chair (see the bench in the Hobbit unexpected journey set) and a portrait of someone (not sure who), it might actually be an office now that I think about it, but I’m not 100% sure

That sounds like DATDA. How many floors is it? Did it have a pendulum and clock plus a gate at the front?

That sounds like DATDA. How many floors is it? Did it have a pendulum and clock plus a gate at the front?

It has 2 floors, the Yule part is very tall and the classroom/office is pretty short, unfortunately from what I saw there was no pendulum or gate, the only thing that actually makes it the “Clocktower” was the Clock piece, I personally hope they change that and move it around a bit to add the pendulum and gate, but I’m still unsure

It has 2 floors, the Yule part is very tall and the classroom/office is pretty short, unfortunately from what I saw there was no pendulum or gate, the only thing that actually makes it the “Clocktower” was the Clock piece, I personally hope they change that and move it around a bit to add the pendulum and gate, but I’m still unsure

Hm. I hope you’re wrong on that (no offense lol), cuz I was hoping for something so big and expensive to have more than just a classroom. 

Good things it’s just preliminary 

Hm. I hope you’re wrong on that (no offense lol), cuz I was hoping for something so big and expensive to have more than just a classroom. 

Good things it’s just preliminary 

Oh absolutely, no offence taken, I really hope that they change it up, they’ve had enough time from Toy Fair to release to change them, they did tell us all that things are “subject to change” and they were asking people’s opinions of all the sets and from what I heard just from when I was there was that people wanted more of the Clocktower external and less of the internals, so I hope they take the advice and change it up, because I can’t imagine that it was just at London that they’ve been told that

I finished a rough looking edit of what it may look like. (Normally I’m good at editing, but I can’t edit non bd photos), anyways how do I send it?

Can you screenshot it and post it in here?

That doesn't really sound like the clock tower. It should look like an update to the old set. Perhaps it's really just a random watchtower after all as the leaked set name implied. But since you mentioned before that the sets looked kinda unfinished, maybe they just put something together real quick with just some features we can expect  (dance floor). Very interesting piece of information 

How do I post it

That’s a very good question ?

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

That doesn't really sound like the clock tower. It should look like an update to the old set. Perhaps it's really just a random watchtower after all as the leaked set name implied. But since you mentioned before that the sets looked kinda unfinished, maybe they just put something together real quick with just some features we can expect  (dance floor). Very interesting piece of information 

Honestly, if the set didn’t have the name next to it I would ask the exact same question, I think they may have done exactly what you said just thrown it together to get it ready for Toy Fair, because even Hagrid’s Hut wasn’t finished and that is an incredibly iconic building from the films, it didn’t even have an interior ?

It says I can’t upload it 

Hmm, odd, I don’t know what to suggest, do you have Instagram?

Just now, Legoniche said:

Dm it to me on Instagram @legoandphotography

Great minds think alike, haha

Hmm, odd, I don’t know what to suggest, do you have Instagram?

Great minds think alike, haha

Damn right ??

This edit was done by @LDDproductions with the info given by @TheRandomBlocker it looks really nice, but it’s definitely missing the pendulum, which of course is nothing against your design, but Lego’s. Might need to modify the set when I get it 

Looks fantastic, it’s pretty accurate to what I remember seeing, seeing it like that, it reminds me of so many little details that Lego put it which needs changing, I don’t remember if it’s quite that wide, but we’ll definitely see if they changed anything when it comes to releasing the sets, if not I will be sorely disappointed 

This edit was done by @LDDproductions with the info given by @TheRandomBlocker it looks really nice, but it’s definitely missing the pendulum, which of course is nothing against your design, but Lego’s. Might need to modify the set when I get it 

B554C263-E64E-4AAE-A33F-9EB81E8DA63A.jpeg

Looks good, I hope LEGO do use those tall doors to make a good entrance to the Yule Ball!!