GLAP23

Ninjago Movie Screen-Accurate Mech Recreations

@Thedoctorwedwhistle That's good to hear. Good Luck. It's such a disappointment Lego never released this particular vehicle as a set, given its importance in the movie.

Sorry about the delay, but the Shark Mech has now been released. Just like the other models though, it will need modifications in order to be built out of real bricks.

Download here

Due to the Shark Mech being finished, it means only two more vehicles will need to be built: Zane's Tank and Garmadon's second mech, the Garma Mecha Man.

9 hours ago, GLAP23 said:

@Thedoctorwedwhistle That's good to hear. Good Luck. It's such a disappointment Lego never released this particular vehicle as a set, given its importance in the movie.

Sorry about the delay, but the Shark Mech has now been released. Just like the other models though, it will need modifications in order to be built out of real bricks.

Download here

Due to the Shark Mech being finished, it means only two more vehicles will need to be built: Zane's Tank and Garmadon's second mech, the Garma Mecha Man.

Wich modifications needs to be do be done to build the real bricks model? 

@Matteo Nottoli First, the Technic paneling on the sides of the tail will need to be modified. The beams with the stud connector pegs don't attach. Replacing cross axles and adding this part or this will certainly help.

Here's a pictures for example:

Garm%20Mech%201.0%20Technic%20sides.png

Garm%20Mech%201.0%20Technic%20sides%202.

The highest 45705 at the opening on the top of the head is floating. Part 42022 can attach to it.

Garm%20Mech%201.0%20Head.png

In the tail, the tank is floating. This can be fixed by adding 1x3 plates underneath its base.

Garm%20Mech%201.0%20Tank.png

The dome covering eyes aren't attached to the rest of the eye. In order to fix this, replace the 11833 and the 2x2 round plate with a 4x4 round plate

Garm%20Mech%201.0%20Eye.png

The fins need modifications too.

Garm%20Mech%201.0%20Fin.png

After doing all of these modifications, I believe everything will attach.

Edited by GLAP23

Oh Thanks For Luck But i finished the helicopter. But two Problems I don't know how to show you the project and there were a few modifications on the front cause its so hard to see

7 hours ago, GLAP23 said:

@Matteo Nottoli First, the Technic paneling on the sides of the tail will need to be modified. The beams with the stud connector pegs don't attach. Replacing cross axles and adding this part or this will certainly help.

Here's a pictures for example:

Garm%20Mech%201.0%20Technic%20sides.png

Garm%20Mech%201.0%20Technic%20sides%202.

The highest 45705 at the opening on the top of the head is floating. Part 42022 can attach to it.

Garm%20Mech%201.0%20Head.png

In the tail, the tank is floating. This can be fixed by adding 1x3 plates underneath its base.

Garm%20Mech%201.0%20Tank.png

The dome covering eyes aren't attached to the rest of the eye. In order to fix this, replace the 11833 and the 2x2 round plate with a 4x4 round plate

Garm%20Mech%201.0%20Eye.png

The fins need modifications too.

Garm%20Mech%201.0%20Fin.png

After doing all of these modifications, I believe everything will attach.

Thank you so much for the explanation. It would be awesome if you could make an updated ldd file with these modifications to make it easier to buy the right pieces and build the model. 

I also wonder how many pieces do not exist in the color sand blue and with what color could i replace  them. 

Thank you so much again for your work

Hello,

that's amazing, I started trying to build Lloyd's dragon and while looking for more information on the internet I came across your creations.
I'm stunned, they're exactly the same as in the movie.
So I was wondering:
Do you plan to market instructions for your creations ? I will be the first to buy them !

Maybe, I will recreate the vehicle that used to bring the ninjas to the temple. (the scene with the goat)

Well,I just finished the "dragon power" tanker truck (detachable tank, separate piece from cab) from the videogame. I still need to print the stickers out for it. I liked this version better than the attached tank from the movie, so I built this one instead 

@Matteo Nottoli I now just made an LXF with the modifications. As for parts not existing in sand blue, I imported the model into Studio 2.0, and I counted over 20 different part designs that aren't available in sand blue. Light Bluish Grey/Medium Stone Grey is a good substitute color and maybe other colors for parts not available in Light Bluish Grey.

@Mockitty Thank You. However, I have no plans on selling anytime soon, especially the fact that the true people who should be credited are the designers at Animal Logic and LEGO, who designed these awesome models in the first place. Everything will remain free.

@Mrlikesninjagomoviethings That truck looks great! Can't wait to see it with stickers.

#thedoctorwedwhistle : Amazing !

# GLAP23 : "Thank You. However, I have no plans on selling anytime soon, especially the fact that the true people who should be credited are the designers at Animal Logic and LEGO, who designed these awesome models in the first place. Everything will remain free." is that a problem ?

And did you saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Dqooe7sME ? There is some scenes of the garma mech man.

@Mockitty No problem at all. Just saying that even though I reconstructed these models using the film, the people

who made the original designs are the designers from Animal Logic and LEGO, the people behind the movie, and because of that, I don't want to sell anything. I have seen

the movie outtakes with the Garma Mecha Man. I'm getting a 4K Blu-Ray to help me see more of the details, which also has the outtakes.

@Thedoctorwedwhistle It looks very nice. I plan to build my own using the video game soon.

Edited by GLAP23

I Really love your builds But my Number 1 problem is every file i download pieces are missing for example the green ninja mech dragon 443 pieces are missing from the model

Edited by Thedoctorwedwhistle
and I was wondering how can i get pieces to LDD

5 hours ago, GLAP23 said:

@Mockitty No problem at all. Just saying that even though I reconstructed these models using the film, the people

who made the original designs are the designers from Animal Logic and LEGO, the people behind the movie, and because of that, I don't want to sell anything. I have seen

the movie outtakes with the Garma Mecha Man. I'm getting a 4K Blu-Ray to help me see more of the details, which also has the outtakes.

@Thedoctorwedwhistle It looks very nice. I plan to build my own using the video game soon.

On 7/27/2020 at 2:29 PM, GLAP23 said:

@Matteo Nottoli I now just made an LXF with the modifications. As for parts not existing in sand blue, I imported the model into Studio 2.0, and I counted over 20 different part designs that aren't available in sand blue. Light Bluish Grey/Medium Stone Grey is a good substitute color and maybe other colors for parts not available in Light Bluish Grey.

@Mockitty Thank You. However, I have no plans on selling anytime soon, especially the fact that the true people who should be credited are the designers at Animal Logic and LEGO, who designed these awesome models in the first place. Everything will remain free.

@Mrlikesninjagomoviethings That truck looks great! Can't wait to see it with stickers.

Just finished the stickers. I made sure they were accurate enough to the one in the game and movie. In case you don't know what they say, they say "dragon power". 

4 months ago I discovered this, it is very impressive what GLAP23 has done
At one point I tried to recreate the mech when the movie trailer came out (I realized I was in a bit of a hurry with that idea), but time played against me and I was only able to make one in particular, the ice tank too . I made the reward of fate, but it is half incomplete and I took a risk by making the man Garma Mecha only his arms and part of his head. I couldn't do it because of the time I had back then

A3.png

Wow nice job on the Ice Tank especially with the time you had. Is it possible to see the Garma Mecha Man you created as well? Just curious to see how much you created in the time you had.

Edited by legoman23

Wow! Im amazed on what you created within the short time period and only using the trailer, creating not only the Ice Tank but a but most of the Garma Mecha Man as well. Overall amazing work and thanks for sharing those two models you built. 

Edited by legoman23

@mr4543r Thank you for showing us your recreations of the Ice Tank and Garma Mecha Man. I'm really surprised what you have created in a short amount of time, especially only using what was available at the time as reference to build these models. These are another step forward to completing all the mechs from the movie.

My progress with the Garma Mecha Man has been slow, considering how complex it is compared to the other mechs. I did, however, build some areas such as the left arm. The shark cannon is incomplete, though.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20Left%20arm.png

640x626.jpg 

It is impressive what he has done with the union of the arm, the interior of the garma mecha man I did it according to my imagination, inspired by some mech eschos from the community (a curious fact is that a lego image on the official lego site ninjago that at the time the film was released describes the number of pieces I made for the 3510 take ice tank, Quake Mech 3604 and specifically the man garma mecha has a total of more than 8132 pieces) and the reward of fate with a total of more than 6000 pieces my model contains 3815 pieces (due to the colizion of pieces in my inconclusive models I used a modification in ldd toggle Physics Test that I have of certain way to make a remote base of the mech I discovered this tool thanks to a tutorial on youtube of how to put this option https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RahhZm-IEy8

this would be my unfinished model of the generosity of fate

@Thedoctorwedwhistle If you are using Lego Digital Designer and there are missing pieces, you most like have version 4.3.12. That version is broken. You can always try

installing version 4.3.11 or importing the models into Stud.io.

@mr4543r The Destiny's Bounty you built just wows me. I have been impressed with everything you have built.

Now that most of the left arm of the Garma Mecha Man has been built, I think it's a good time to build the shark cannon, one of the more difficult areas.

I did build the right arm, but I have only built a part of it, plus the hand. The upper part of the arm is still a work in progress.

Edited by GLAP23