Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 12/21/2018 at 12:37 AM, Kevii23 said:

Jusr2good posted a review of the Death Star Escape and I have to say that the New stormtrooper helmet actually looks really good. Didn't like it at first, but I think it like it more now. 

I really like it too. The initial pics made it look very disproportionate in comparison to the torso but in his video it looks a lot better.

As for the set itself, I feel like, much like with a lot of these small play sets, you need to buy at least 2 or 3 of then to create something more substantial. 

Since we know all the sets for January, I like to ask if every year is the first wave lets say "only small sets" ? The reason why I am asking, is that by Brickvault was mentioned the LEGOLAND Star Wars days were canceled due some reasons (those I do not like to mention here) and I am afraid if it will not affect the LEGO from releasing bigger and more expensive sets for the future? I apologize if this question perfectly did not fit here, but basically it is about 2019 sets, so please do not blame me for it.

Anyway a nice Christmas to all of you, be well and enjoy LEGO.

2 hours ago, DEAD1974 said:

Since we know all the sets for January, I like to ask if every year is the first wave lets say "only small sets"?

I wouldn't worry too much about that video (I shan't discuss it more here), as usually the January wave consists of smaller sets; this year, for instance, in the Winter wave we got Grievous' Speeder, Ahch-To, some Microfighters etc with the biggest set being Defense of Crait, whilst the Summer wave had the X-Wing, Sandcrawler etc. Of course, the Solo movie produced some bigger sets in April, but the larger sets were generally more towards the second half of the year. We already have rumours of the summer anniversary sets consisting of such sets as Anakin's Podracer and then there is the 'rumoured' 4000+ piece set for later this year, so the trend seems to be exactly the same this year as any other. :)

Merry Christmas :)

7 hours ago, DEAD1974 said:

Since we know all the sets for January, I like to ask if every year is the first wave lets say "only small sets" ? The reason why I am asking, is that by Brickvault was mentioned the LEGOLAND Star Wars days were canceled due some reasons (those I do not like to mention here) and I am afraid if it will not affect the LEGO from releasing bigger and more expensive sets for the future? I apologize if this question perfectly did not fit here, but basically it is about 2019 sets, so please do not blame me for it.

BacktoBricks is right. Specifically, for the years 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2018 (for which the data is available on Brickipedia), the average January/December set had 240 pieces, while the average non-January set had 670. The sets in this year's January wave are smaller than average (202 pieces/set), but not shockingly so. I don't know what's going on with LEGOLAND, but AFAIK Star Wars remains LEGO's most profitable theme by a substantial margin; I don't think it's at all likely that anything will keep them from releasing large sets, especially given the success of giant ones like the UCS Falcon.

may be right, may be wrong but I’ll edit it out. 

Edited by KevinMD

‘Some IG post’ doesn’t quite cut it as a reliable source for me. Cue two pages of comments about how big they need to be and what figures need to be included.

How long until this thread is quoted on another forum as a second source to support the rumour?

the only thing we're 100% sure is that we don't even know which UCS we'll get in 2019... and that's not even speculation nore a rumour. :wink:

The Instagram post cites this editorial piece, which is nothing but speculation based on rumoured piece counts. For all we know, this may be the year where we finally get that UCS Jar Jar bust we’ve been asking for

35 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The Instagram post cites this editorial piece, which is nothing but speculation based on rumoured piece counts. For all we know, this may be the year where we finally get that UCS Jar Jar bust we’ve been asking for

and that piece quotes someone who posted a few comments above ... inception ...

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

No, you can trust me. The piece count is real. I doubt the source would be wrong. They never have been.

E04B340E-568C-4216-8865-9F17A9B523DB.jpeg

Edited by Vonsek

3 hours ago, Vonsek said:

No, you can trust me. The piece count is real. I doubt the source would be wrong. They never have been.

No offense new guy, but in this evil forum, trust is earned over time and lost in minutes.  So no need to tell us to trust you with 2 posts and no picture.  If your news is good and it's accurate, you'll be fine and others will remember.

Give it time and it will happen.

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

No offense new guy, but in this evil forum, trust is earned over time and lost in minutes.  So no need to tell us to trust you with 2 posts and no picture.  If your news is good and it's accurate, you'll be fine and others will remember.

Give it time and it will happen.

Thanks!

You don’t have to trust me.

your loss;)

I signed up because people maybe would be interested with where i got the info from ?‍♀️

Edited by Vonsek

23 minutes ago, Vonsek said:

You don’t have to trust me.

your loss;)  

Oh come on. It’s obvious nobody’s gonna believe you until you’ve got a proven track record, and implying that’s unfair is silly. Surely that’s not hard to figure out.

Edited by Bartybum

1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

Oh come on. It’s obvious nobody’s gonna believe you until you’ve got a proven track record, and implying that’s unfair is silly. Surely that’s not hard to figure out.

I said you don’t have to trust me... Maybe i shouldn’t have leaked the piece count in the first place ?‍♀️

Edited by Vonsek

Let's focus on the potential items released and discussion of said items...not on the validity of members' info...not yet anyway.

Thanks guys.

Happy holidays, now go build some LEGO Star Wars sets and stop crying about all the new stuff!

I’m hoping 75244 is a Tantive IV. Let me get the codename for that set and i’ll report back to you.

10 minutes ago, Vonsek said:

I’m hoping 75244 is a Tantive IV. Let me get the codename for that set and i’ll report back to you.

And that is a perfect demonstration of what wishlisting is.  Please, do not do that.  If you have proof, even if you cannot say what/who you got the info from, then fine.  But the instance you use the words "hope, hoping, would like, would really like, should be getting, etc...", you have created a wishlist.

3 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

And that is a perfect demonstration of what wishlisting is.  Please, do not do that.  If you have proof, even if you cannot say what/who you got the info from, then fine.  But the instance you use the words "hope, hoping, would like, would really like, should be getting, etc...", you have created a wishlist.

Sorry. New to this eurobricks thing. Hard as hell to use on mobile, i’ll tell ya that.

Edited by Vonsek

LEGO Star Wars 75236 „Duel at Starkiller Base“

LEGO Star Wars 75238 „Action Attack Battle of Endor“

LEGO Star Wars 75239 „Action Attack Battle of Hoth“

LEGO Star Wars 75240 „Vonreg’s TIE“

LEGO Star Wars 75241 „Defend Action Battle Echo Base“

LEGO Star Wars 75242 „Black Ace“

LEGO Star Wars 75243 „Slave I“

Edited by Vonsek

and since it is going to come up:

75236             $19.99         191                *CONF_Playset_R_vs_K
75238             $29.99         193                *CONF_Action_play_small2
75239             $29.99         235                *CONF_Action_play_small
75240             $69.99         496                *CONF_Villain_ship
75241             $59.99         504                *CONF_Action_Play_big
75242             $49.99         396                *CONF_HERO_ship
75243             $119.99     1007                *CONF_Slave I

and for those wondering, i can 110% confirm vonsek's post ... both of them, so, yeah ...