Digger of Bricks

Any Pinterest Users Here On Eurobricks?

I've been a Pinterest user for a little while now, and after getting used to its many different functions, features, and format, it has undergone a bit of a revamp. While the format changes and reconfigurations don't bother me, it's what's missing that does. I don't know if it's the same way for others, but three major (and useful) functions are now completely absent from the site, and they are...

1. The ULR address pin function, which was located within the "plus" button that was formerly in the bottom right hand corner of the home feed. This allowed you to save pins without the Pinterest app button that they would suggest you upload for your browser. Though I didn't use this one, the other function contained within the "plus" button was an upload function for your own photos/content if you wished to host it on Pinterest directly.
  2. The "visually similar search" function, which was located in the upper right hand corner of each pin when they were opened, denoted by a four bracketed symbol.
  3. The "Hide" function, which was located in the bottom right hand corner of each unopened pin. Hiding a pin would purportedly insure that similar such pins would not be suggested in your home feed in the future.

Have these changes happened to anyone else who may be users here?

Yeah, I also had similar problems! Eventually, I decided to move my content to another platform. :hmpf_bad: Too bad! In the beginning, I loved using it! Recently, I switched to Instagram and I am quite happy with its performance! It has the features that Pinterest had before, including some of the ones they removed, and much more. Actually, it is very easy to use, which made my transition to it not as complicated as I thought it will be! When I did some research on the two apps, I was impressed with the comparison. This is one of the articles I came across, that had some good points on both platforms: https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/online-marketing/social-media/pinterest-vs-instagram-a-comparison/

I think that Instagram has become the main substitute for Pinterest and has a very stable place on the social media market as of its launch. Maybe it will be helpful for you as well!

10 hours ago, shieldwall said:

I think that Instagram has become the main substitute for Pinterest and has a very stable place on the social media market as of its launch. Maybe it will be helpful for you as well!

Can you use Instagram in the same way as you do as Pinterest? For me, I use Pinterest as a way of bookmarking Lego creations that are found elsewhere other than Flickr, not to mention also non-Lego Retrofuturistic concept/fan art from sites like ArtStation, DeviantArt, etc.

You can! There is an option where you can choose "Save" on a picture which means that it gets pinned, but it won't appear on your personal timeline like on Pinterest. It will be saved under the save/bookmarked section on your profile page.

5 hours ago, shieldwall said:

You can! There is an option where you can choose "Save" on a picture which means that it gets pinned, but it won't appear on your personal timeline like on Pinterest. It will be saved under the save/bookmarked section on your profile page.

So, can you enter the ULR of a website and select an image from that link for your bookmark, or does Instagram want you to download their site as an app to do that? 

No, it works with other Instagram profiles. You can bookmark them and their pictures but not from a website except if the website has it's own Instagram account then you can. 

1 minute ago, shieldwall said:

No, it works with other Instagram profiles. You can bookmark them and their pictures but not from a website except if the website has it's own Instagram account then you can. 

Ah, okay. I guess Instagram just wouldn't be of any use to me right now, as that's how and why I do use Pinterest.