legofives

Motorized AT AT Resource Suggestions

I am attempting to make the motorized portion of an AT AT walker.

The resources I am limited to are those of the 2006 NXT kit for the motorized portion.  (Do not own any power functions and am trying to make no additional purchases in this moc)  I tried applying the EV3 instructions from the "elephant" model to the 2006 NXT thinking it would serve as a template for an AT AT build, but the EV3 contains several pieces that the NXT does not.

Does anyone know of 2006 NXT build instructions that are similar to that of the EV3 elephant, or just an AT AT walker?  (Pictured below is EV3 elephant, potentially modifiable to make an AT AT)

Image result for ev3 elephant

correct me if I am wrong

so you are trying to build a Motorized AT AT with the limited parts you specified? 

If so, I understand you are not interested in power functions but the instructions of the motorized AT AT might be able to help you. You can draw ideas from it and see if you can come up with different solutions with your pieces to produce the same walking function it has. I'm not too familiar with NXT but there must be a way to replicate the functions of the AT AT with your pieces :)