Sign in to follow this  
bobasdad

(MOC / MOD) Pilot Luke

My son is a huge fan of Star Wars; but he isn't a huge fan of The Force Awakens  That didn't stop me from buying him the entire line of constraction figures based on the movie, though (it helps that I found most of them on sale).  While he was putting together Poe Dameron, he told me that he wished he had a second Luke Skywalker head so he could turn it into Pilot Luke.  Being the indulgent father (and avid bargain seeker) that I am, I did exactly that.  Here is the result:

20170804_065321.jpg
20170804_065144.jpg

We didn't want Luke's pilot suit to look identical to Poe's, so we changed a few things.  We replaced all the white in Poe's suit with black (it would have been better to use gray; but we didn't have the necessary pieces in gray).  We also changed the hose setup slightly.  It's not very movie-accurate; but we were both happy with it.  He has already requested another Luke Skywalker head so he can make a "Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise" figure....

Pilot Luke brings back memories of The Empire Strikes Back, probably because he had this look for the entire SNES game based on that movie. ;)

It's a pretty neat-looking mod!