Kaanere

Discussion: LEGO Architecture 2018

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

I’d guess Eiffel first, with Sydney, London, NYC, and Chicago second. 

Have Sydney and London. I'll pick up Eiffel and NYC next. Thanks for the tip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TYLER_w said:

@brickmeistro

This is just me but I wouldn't get the Eiffel Tower since it's coming with the Paris Skyline.

Wouldn't the Paris skyline version be much smaller?

But then they may rerelease the Eiffel with an improved design in the future like they did the Burj Khalifa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@brickmeistro

It would definitely have to be smaller.

I would rather see the Eiffel Tower displayed with other landmarks from Paris instead of it being alone.

Ultimately, it's not my decision on what you buy or don't buy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TYLER_w said:

@brickmeistro

It would definitely have to be smaller.

I would rather see the Eiffel Tower displayed with other landmarks from Paris instead of it being alone.

Ultimately, it's not my decision on what you buy or don't buy. 

True. I would probably buy both... I think there's a place for both the cityscapes and the individual building lines. My motto is, if you don't have to choose between 2 and like both, get both. But like you said, it's just a personal preference. Not sure what you meant by your decision on what I buy or don't. Obviously it's a personal decision but thanks for your comment anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 1:34 PM, brickmeistro said:

Are there any thoughts on which sets will retire soon?

I'm just building up my collection and wondering which ones are likely to disappear soon!

The  Lego site says: 

Guggenheim, Buckingham Palace, Arc de Triomphe, Chicago, Eiffel, Sydney retiring soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lego-fire said:

The  Lego site says: 

Guggenheim, Buckingham Palace, Arc de Triomphe, Chicago, Eiffel, Sydney retiring soon. 

Yes, saw those on the S@H yesterday and already closed the gaps in my collection 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ddavid said:

Okay. The images leaked on Instagram. Paris looks amazing 😍

The arc looks very simple. But I'm impressed by the Eiffel Tower. 

 

I like San Francisco. Although want to see a better image of the Golden Gate Bridge because it looks like it's 2D. 

 

But overall I'm pleased with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could like the San Francisco skyline but I don't. I'm not a fan of the forced perspective of the Golden Gate Bridge.  The actual city on the left is much smaller than I expected. The Salesforce Tower should be Sand Blue instead of Light Bluish Gray. Alcatraz looks pretty big but I suppose it had to be to fit all of the details. I'm kinda disappointed. Sorry for all of the negativity but I had high hopes for this skyline. Am I being to harsh on it?

Edited by TYLER_w

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2018 at 1:04 AM, TYLER_w said:

I wish I could like the San Francisco skyline but I don't. I'm not a fan of the forced perspective of the Golden Gate Bridge.  The actual city on the left is much smaller than I expected. The Salesforce Tower should be Sand Blue instead of Light Bluish Gray. Alcatraz looks pretty big but I suppose it had to be to fit all of the details. I'm kinda disappointed. Sorry for all of the negativity but I had high hopes for this skyline. Am I being to harsh on it?

You're not being harsh. Two grey buildings next to each other looks boring. They could at least change Salesforce Tower to medium blue to be more accurate, and it would make the skyline pop with more color variety.

The forced perspective bridge just doesn't work for me. It completely breaks the established rules of the entire Architecture series. They could've made the bridge normal and have it start behind the city. Sure that would have made the model 8 studs deep, but that's not uncommon anymore.

I've seen better MOCs of this, yours included. If I do get this, then there is gonna be modding involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both skyline sets look spectacular. I admire some of the clever building techniques used here.

Edited by TWRAddict

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So do we need an official Architecture 2019 thread now or just keep using this one and ask an Admin to remove the year in this overall thread?  I like skylines but feel Lego is kind of cheaping out on us with so many and not very many buildings anymore.  I want to see what the 2 to 4 sets will be for buildings or landscape sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.