Sign in to follow this  
Supermike

42041 Race Truck RC

Good evening all. New to the Forum but have read a lot on here before joining. Liking a lot of the MOCs you guys post up, it gave me some inspiration to try one myself. Not really an MOC but use an existing model and making it better (in my opinion) so always loved my 42041 Race Truck and thought I would love it even more if it was RC. Checked Google for pics, instructions etc and what I noticed is that a lot looked nothing like the original or didn't retain all the standard features.

So here's my attempt, L motor for drive, Servo motor for steering. AA battery box, working V8 engine and looks as close as I could get it to standard. The only thing that annoys me is I can't open the cab without detaching the power lead to the L motor from the IR receiver. I'll work on this.

Mike

image_1.jpeg

image.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

Edited by Supermike

Hi Myers. Sorry doing this on my iPad. Trying to get links to copy in.....

4 minutes ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

@Supermike Can you please post some pictures or a link?

Should be pictures now.

Any advice on what to do with the battery box would be much appreciated. Tried to build into the chassis but it was proving to be difficult and would make replacing the batteries a nightmare. Although I think it's not too bad where it is as the old radiator grill was here. All comments welcome. No such thing as I negative comment, improvement opportunity! I'll start a thread with my RC 8258 (Drive Only) and my full RC 42009 (Jurgen with different boom) when I have them finished

It is looking pretty good! You have placed the BB in a surprisingly common location for this sort of model, and I think it would be difficult to place it in any other location as it would require exstensive remodelling of the chassis. Overall, quite nice. I think if you really want the BB to be less conspicuous then you could try removing some of the liftarms and supports and move the BB farther into the cab. NIce work!

-Myers 

Decided to have a bet of a re-think and re-design. The first was to nose heavy and lacked grip on the drive wheels and was playing havoc with the steering setup i had. So here it goes, relocated the battery box, steering motor, drive motor and had to lengthen the truck by two studs. Also took the time to reinforce the chassis and improve the looks of the cab. Again all comments welcome :)

image_6.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_3.jpeg