Sign in to follow this  
Zoshi

Question about Lego Harry Potter remastered?

For people who have played the game, are you able to use characters from years 1-4 in the levels and hub worlds of 5-7(and vice versa) or are the two games completely separate?

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that! I just got the game this past week and I'm hoping to play it sometime this week, so hopefully if nobody else does I can answer your question soon!

From everything I have seen, the only change is beefing up the visuals. We'll have to leave it to Legomaster34 to check it out for us!

Yeah, sorry about the delay! I've been trying to play through it, but haven't had much time. Hopefully by the end of this month I'll get a chance to be able to answer the mystery!

Sorry for the long wait! (And the double-post. :blush:) A month later than I planned, but finally I can answer, and unfortunately the answer is no, from what I can tell there is no way to get characters from one game into the other. When you start the game you choose between the two, so they still play like separate games, and even after beating the story for Years 1-4 I see no option to use those characters in Years 5-7. :sceptic:

On 20/03/2017 at 2:05 PM, Legomaster34 said:

Sorry for the long wait! (And the double-post. :blush:) A month later than I planned, but finally I can answer, and unfortunately the answer is no, from what I can tell there is no way to get characters from one game into the other. When you start the game you choose between the two, so they still play like separate games, and even after beating the story for Years 1-4 I see no option to use those characters in Years 5-7. :sceptic:

Seems like a wasted opportunity by LEGO. They should have added voice acting too.

11 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Seems like a wasted opportunity by LEGO. They should have added voice acting too.

I feel like they would have just made a whole new game if they were going to add that. Which I would have loved, but I can understand why they didn't do that.

3 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

I feel like they would have just made a whole new game if they were going to add that. Which I would have loved, but I can understand why they didn't do that.

Wouldn't have to be a new game. Keep the levels the same, just add voice acting and combine both game's hub worlds into one.

2 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Wouldn't have to be a new game. Keep the levels the same, just add voice acting and combine both game's hub worlds into one.

I'm not a game programmer, but I don't think it's that simple. for one thing the cutscenes would have to be changed: voice acting just wouldn't fit with the current mimed ones. And as to the hub worlds you couldn't just combine them since there's locations that overlap yet work differently. Like the grounds might have certain puzzles in Years 1-4 but completely different ones in 5-7, so just combining them would cause more problems than it's worth.