Sign in to follow this  
8-Bit Ramen

Can I have a Bricklink tip?

I would post this in "Buy, Sell, and Finds" but I'm not able to for whatever reason. Anyways, I want to buy Rey's hairpiece, which I lost. Piece 21777 I believe. I want to BrickLink it but it's currently $3.46 new in America. I'm a teenager, so it seems kinda pricey for a hair piece. I want to ask you guys- people who probably have been using BrickLink for years. Should I wait a while for the price to go down? Or should I get it now before the price goes up? Please let me know. Thanks!

Hello 8-Bit, welcome to the forums...    The real question is this:  How much is it worth to you?  I say, if you just have to have it... Go ahead and buy it!  Is $3 and change (plus shipping) really all that much in order to complete a favored figure or set?

First tip, consider a "used" replacement. Bricklink's definition of new vs. used is pretty strict - if it was ever attached, it is "used," basically (although it's a little different for minifigs). With a figure this recent, a used hairpiece is pretty likely to look pretty new.

Second tip, many times the whole figure can be bought for less than the sum of its parts. For example, you could spend $3.50 for a new hairpiece, but for around $4.50 you could get a whole Rey minifig in like-new condition.

2 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

I thought the Lego website lets you order specific pieces a lot cheaper than $3 per part. Is that piece not available yet there?

Brick's and Pieces is the service. It's closed until February..

22 minutes ago, 62Bricks said:

First tip, consider a "used" replacement. Bricklink's definition of new vs. used is pretty strict - if it was ever attached, it is "used," basically (although it's a little different for minifigs). With a figure this recent, a used hairpiece is pretty likely to look pretty new.

Second tip, many times the whole figure can be bought for less than the sum of its parts. For example, you could spend $3.50 for a new hairpiece, but for around $4.50 you could get a whole Rey minifig in like-new condition.

Thanks. I'll look into a used figure. :)

If it is a newer piece, the price usually comes down after while especially if it is used in another set. If it is no longer used, prices trend to go up. Not always the case though.