Sign in to follow this  
jedikermit

Quick Question about LEGO Minifig Magnets...

Hey, I have a quick question about the Minifig Magnets (Batman, Star Wars, etc.) at LEGO Shop at Home...

Where are the magnets located in the figure? In the feet, back, where? It doesn't make that clear on the website. And are the minfigs still poseable?

I think that's it.

Thanks...considering buying some for my classroom, but I need a little more info first.

The minifigs are still poseable, but the legs cannot be removed from the torso and I don't think the head can be removed either. The magnets are located in the legs, at the back.

I have recently bought two sets of batman magnets and I can safely say that the legs and body can not be

removed from one another yet the heads, hats, capes can be! ;-)

To answer your question Jedikermit yes they are possable!

I wish my teachers would put up little lego figures around my classrooms! :-D

Edited by casewindu

Thanks guys--last question and then I'll leave you alone: If the magnets are in the back of the legs, could the minifigs still "sit" on a LEGO brick? That is, do the magnets fill the holes in the back of the legs, or is there still a place for LEGO studs to fit into the back of their legs?

I think that's it.

And Case Windu, I'm not sure if I'll do it yet, but I've considered it. I already have Justice League action figures and PEZ dispensers in my classroom--I'm trying to see how much "fun" stuff I can bring in before my principal tells me I need to tone it down.

The magnets are set a little forward of the holes in the legs and the figures still connect correctly with a brick.

I've got a Boba Fett who has a magnetic plate behind his back pack as well as on the legs. (The legs don't touch the 'fridge as his backpack is quite thick).

Just a thought, but if you get a set of magnetic bricks from s@h then you can attach whatever you want to them. They're quite strong and I've had even a small car stuck to my 'fridge. (the magnets are in the 'tubes' on the 2x4x1 magnetic bricks).

Cool. Thanks for the answers and the tip; I'm definitely ordering some of the bricks--I wasn't sure if I was going to do the minifig magnets too.