Sign in to follow this  
Ed9217

[WIP] Gian 211 patrol craft

A work in progress of the resistance speeder, I hope to do a more detailed version once more photos of this craft come out. I think it may be slightly big, however there are no photos with anybody inside the craft to compare with. Quite happy with how it's come out so far

post-151776-0-01320100-1451384774_thumb.jpg

Photo of the actual speeder

post-151776-0-97719500-1451384782_thumb.jpg

Happy for any critique

:blush: Great job! It looks very accurate! Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Thank you, glad you like it.

Edited by Ed9217

Coolio! I was gonna do this myself after picking up the visual dictionary, but you beat me to it! These Force Awakens tie-in books are proving to be worth their salt.

Coolio! I was gonna do this myself after picking up the visual dictionary, but you beat me to it! These Force Awakens tie-in books are proving to be worth their salt.

Yeah that's exactly what I did, some great bits in the visual dictionary. I myself prefer the resistance to the first order so this was a must. It was a bit of a challenge due to lack of photos as well as it being a small veichle, but hopefully as time goes on more pictures of this little craft will emerge.

Good luck with yours, look forward to hopefully seeing a few other mocs of the gian 211

Oh that's actually pretty nice, did not know the battlepack model was modeled after an existing prop. Looks nice so far. Is the Gian 211 the official name for the thing, I can't find any info about it anywhere except brickset? I don't suppose you have a higher res picture of it?

Oh that's actually pretty nice, did not know the battlepack model was modeled after an existing prop. Looks nice so far. Is the Gian 211 the official name for the thing, I can't find any info about it anywhere except brickset? I don't suppose you have a higher res picture of it?

There is very little info I'm afraid on this craft at the moment, the only source of info I have found is in the force awakens visual dictionary, well worth the purchase. Shame there's not A lot about this veichle. Hoping some more pics will turn up soon.

I'm afraid I can't upload a better photo atm, however here is the photo with the info on the speeder.

post-151776-0-45858300-1451427963_thumb.jpg

Hope that helps :)

If I'm not mistaken, the Gian is an original Episode I speeder, the purple Naboo speeder that wasn't the flash speeder. Right?

If I'm not mistaken, the Gian is an original Episode I speeder, the purple Naboo speeder that wasn't the flash speeder. Right?

You are not mistaken. The Gian speeder was a repulsorlift vehicle and heavy patrol speeder used by the Royal Guards of Naboo. It was a heavier version of the Flash speeder. (I'll get my anorak....)

Correct, this seems to be a smaller version of one of those, they seemed to be much bigger and with heavier weapons. It seems the resistance will use anything due to lack of veichles, even utilising an obsolete yet still functioning craft such as the 211