Toast0307

Power functions IR remote 8885 not working Please help!

17 hours ago, dartmar said:

I have an IR controller but it doesn't seem to communicate with the reciever.

Check that the two small black change over switches ( with circle arrow) below the  operating forward / reverse levers is in fully one direction or the other - if midway then nothing will happen.

Edited by Doug72

Got the same here, Remote is flashing with button presses, but no flickering on the receiver. All new batteries and all lights on (battery pack and receiver) but nothing happening. Works fine when connected directly to wheels, but not when the receiver is in the middle. Waiting to hear back from TLG to see if it's a replacement job.

Hello All, as it is 2020 I am probably a little late on this topic.  I Googled "receiver not working" for my son who just bought some technic pieces off Ebay and was having an issue with the IR units.  In the results, I came across this thread and signed up for this site.  I am new to forums.  This may have already been answered, but this is what I found.  After opening the receiver, I noticed that they use ribbon cables (the 4 wire flat black cables) and punch down connecters (the silver metal tabs that protrude up through the cables inside (not a great design for something like this).  I just used my fingernail and pushed down on the cables on both sides of the connectors and the units started working.  Slightly crimping them helps too, but you just have to be careful not to apply too much pressure or risk cutting the wires.  Hope this was helpful.