Sign in to follow this  
Chase The Cop

[MOC] Stellar Alpha

Hi

I'm a fan of the good old 90s Space subthemes and I was trying to build a vintage looking ship, but I wanted some pretty sharp if not aggressive lines, and lots of guns. Something looking sort of 'fast and furious'. Very few modern parts and no smart/ modern construction technique either.

778961StellarAlpha1b.jpg

686339StellarAlpha2b.jpg

Comments are always welcome of course.

More photos of the ship in spoiler, and a background too - as I'm planning to build more ships and start a bit of my own subtheme :)

Background:

436313comic1b.jpg

---

769879comic2b.jpg

---

195003comic3b.jpg

---

921542comic4b.jpg

---

571368comic5b.jpg

---

294801comic6b.jpg

---

971240comic7b.jpg

(Fooling around collecting bricks.. All I love in the Lego video games!!

For those of you who know FTL - It's an inspiration too)

More photos of the Stellar Alpha:

907730StellarAlpha3b.jpg

253742StellarAlpha4b.jpg

970078StellarAlpha5b.jpg

Nice little spacecraft, I like that easy design + those two black hoses (anything having hoses is superb! :grin: ) :thumbup:

BTW is it just me or are there no logo-on-studs? :look:

Thank you Bublible. We totally agree on the hoses! :grin: I'd put some everywhere (Putting only 3 here took a lot of self control!)

Regarding studs and logos, i'm not sure what you mean here but as i got back into Legos recently, i bought a mix of new sets, old sets and also 'bags' of brick. All saying 'lego', but with 2nd hand and mixed bags; what you don't see is what you get...

I like your website! I especially love the Geological Planetary Expedition

I hope my subtheme will go as well as yours

Thank you Bublible. We totally agree on the hoses! :grin: I'd put some everywhere (Putting only 3 here took a lot of self control!)

Regarding studs and logos, i'm not sure what you mean here but as i got back into Legos recently, i bought a mix of new sets, old sets and also 'bags' of brick. All saying 'lego', but with 2nd hand and mixed bags; what you don't see is what you get...

I like your website! I especially love the Geological Planetary Expedition

I hope my subtheme will go as well as yours

I meant that from tge pictures it seams like studs do not have the word "LEGO", but it may be just because of the lower quality of the photos so it seems there are none where in fact they are there physically just not seen. :sweet:

Yes, hoses are my love, as you may see with my models I love them so much that it is a must for every one of my sets having at least one pair tho more often like at least one pair of all types of flexi hoses in LDD...ah! :laugh::grin:

And thank you very much for your kind words about my website and model - you are welcomed! :wink::thumbup: