Sign in to follow this  
Boxerlego

[REVIEW] 42041 Race Car B model

I got this today. So I decided to type something up and share with you my thoughts about the re-release of the 42041 Race Truck Set.

This set was very fun to build. Before I know it I was already finished building it. I built the B model first over the A model. There are lots of nice things about this set in terms of building. I like how the rack and pinon is on this race car but even tho this set does not have any kind of suspension setup whatsoever for the wheels, on the other hand, this car is well built. It would have been awesome to see some kind of improvements done with new part that were develop after this set was released in 2010.

001.jpg

I like how this race car looks construction wise, I think it looks sharp. That supercharger tho makes the V8 engine looks ridiculous, if the supercharger was tone down a little then the V8 engine would look much better.

002.jpg

I've some thoughts on motorizing it but right now that will need to wait. I plan to make this Race car feel like it.

003.jpg

After replacing most of the red parts out with black parts. I started to take apart this model to its bare frame because I want to motorize it and the neat thing about it was that it came apart in chucks. This was very easy to dissemble by my estimate probably like ten connections you need to take apart and your already to its bare frame.

Now I want to show a video that turns out that I have already watch it because I've already click like on it. And to this day I still think this video is amazing and it certainly going to get some attention here in my review because Lego Solde did a great job on motorizing it, however it is not the B model race car but that doesn't stop me from making this the bar when it comes to speed that I have set for myself.

Edited by Boxerlego

I modded the font end of the race car for the PF Servo motor. The idea with how the servo connects up with the model I wanted to do a hinge type connection like how the rest of the how the model is built. This way you can hold the wheels straight and even and lay the servo down with out much interference. Just push the servo down like its a brick and that is how you connect it up.

004.jpg

Here is how the Servo looks. The black connectors need to be pushed down individually after the servo is connected.

005.jpg

Just mount the servo like this....

006.jpg

and drop it in place.

007.jpg

This post is dedicated to the pros and cons of what I think of about the B model Race Car.

Pros

When it comes to building this set I find it very interactive. It not you typical LEGO put together build that I expected. There is a lot of hinge connections on this set where parts need to swing in place. Now when it comes to parts this set has a nice amount of 1x15 Technic beams and panel parts along with a V8 engine. This set is a good example of a what a Race car is in terms of size and weight, just look at the blue seat and overall that is good for adding Power Functions on it.

Cons

Some disappointing things I can think of at the moment about this set is that there is no suspension setup on this. Also the blue seat is a left fender panel part and now I want the right one at least this set could have had passenger seat. I know this has been said before by other but there are loads of stickers in this set that are specific for it and my stickers came bunched up squished at the bottom of the box along with the instruction. They came in ok shape but the box was a little small for the tires and some of the tire were squished a little by the box.

Overall I give the 42041 race car B model a

8/10

Just tested the 42041 race car out with the XL motor and my motor driver. :classic: The XL motor worked out great I never seen the XL motor be that fast :grin: but the crazy thing :wacko: is that my upgraded XL motor is pulling to much current from the Lego battery box :devil: that the thermal fuse trips I suppose that is a good sign :look: